Large gauge ear piercing

Treeoflife85

White Belt
Reaction score
Guten tag fellow grapplers,

I have relatively large ear piercings (3/4 inch lobes) and i was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with this? I have been grappling for about 7 months now and last sunday almost got a finger stuck in my ear while defending the RNC. Gladly it didn't come to fruition because that would not have been a good thing. Just wondering if there has been any simliar experiences?

Thanks guys,

Treeoflife85

I would tape them up if it happened again.

damn, forgot to specify some things. I do take my jewelry out when i roll, and my lobes do shrink down a bit, but they still have all the elasticity to stretch back to 3/4's. Left out about half of what my orginal post should have been, heh.

killer_kicks88 said:
you could buy earguards
i'd go this route.

also, what is the facination with those piercings?

How do you get guys to roll with you with those dangling punctured ear lobes? (j/k, but just a little bit)

I'd go for the ear guards myself rather than get my lugs ripped off

Use a wrestling headgear and save yourself the hassle of getting your ear lobe ripped in half.

Steeltwo said:
i'd go this route.

also, what is the facination with those piercings?

Same reason people get tribal tattoos, it's something found in other cultures that the West has adopted despite it looking odd out of cultural context. I only wish plate lips and rings around necks to extend them caught on more so we could see who really is extreme.

I'd advise getting Brutes or CK Tornados if you are going to invest in earguards.

I had 8 gauge, started grappling HARDCORE, took them out and never put them back in,
holes are sealed and I'm glad they are.

also took out my belly ring too.
that healed up too.

Superbeast said:
I only wish plate lips and rings around necks to extend them caught on more so we could see who really is extreme..

my lip used to be the size of the OP's earlobes... it's not entirely unheard of... i've seen westerners with far more "extreme" modifications

Treeoflife85 said:

I have relatively large ear piercings (3/4 inch lobes)

i dont know about the freaks u hang out with, but more than a few milimeters is way bigger than your ear should be pierced...lol at "relatively large"...yeah, relative to what

VampireMonk said:
I had 8 gauge, started grappling HARDCORE, took them out and never put them back in,
holes are sealed and I'm glad they are.

that healed up too.

i have never heard of a guy with a belly ring...i hadnt heard of a guy with nipples pierced either then two of my friends got it...personally i think getting anything pierced is maaaad gay, but thats just me...but especially your belly button or nipple, keep that for the ladies

LeviAJones said:
my lip used to be the size of the OP's earlobes... it's not entirely unheard of... i've seen westerners with far more "extreme" modifications

did your daddy not love u as a kid??...why anyone would do something like this other than to get attention is beyond me...what is wrong with you people, did u guys eat too much e at raves or something?

I haven't had any problems with my lobes... I've got 0 and 00 gauge piercings on both sides... I take them out for grappling. I've had girlfriends that were able to poke a finger through them, but stubby grappler fingers... not a chance.

VampireMonk said:
that healed up too.

If you are a guy, Shoot me before I shoot myself. Why would you pierce your belly button?
Was it pink and sparkly?

If you're a girl then that's fine.

Treeoflife85 said:

I have relatively large ear piercings (3/4 inch lobes)

Treeoflife85

Wow...wow...

Why would you do that to yourself?

Damn you could choke someone out with your ear lobe, that would be awesome!

head gear is a good choice, but if you are graplling you want to go down a few guages.

and everyone posting about piercing and streched ears, remember that eddie bravo has both his ears pierced and streched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back