• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Large %ages of Millennials, Dems, Europeans want to make "offensive" speech illegal

If speech get restricted, I'm moving to that garbage island in the ocean.

There will be a bounty put out for people to track down the ones spreading 'hate' on garbage island

There will be a bounty put out for people to track down the ones spreading 'hate' on garbage island
My plastic bottle fort will hold off the hippies while my main battle seagulls rain righteous death from above.

will we ever stop persecuting each other here? These SJWs are the same as the KKK and etc.

You are different than me. Therefore, you must suffer and be punished until you cannot survive.

FTFY.
And, obviously.

I dunno, the Asians have proven themselves pretty good at repressing freedom of expression, so I'm not sure it's historically a Western invention...

Though at the moment the blend of PC-ness and anti-(classical)liberal values certainly is a unique Western blend. The Asians have the latter, just not the former.

I dunno, the Asians have proven themselves pretty good at repressing freedom of expression, so I'm not sure it's historically a Western invention...

Though at the moment the blend of PC-ness and anti-(classical)liberal values certainly is a unique Western blend. The Asians have the latter, just not the former.

I think the West has less of an excuse to be engaging in intellectual/creative suicide, so it repulses me more. Plus, I'm from a Western-thinking, white culture, so my opinions on it are stronger than a completely foreign Asian culture with which I have very few points of reference.

New generation is less religious and more open to science but that only extends as far as it pertains to PC agenda politics and liberalism. Grandparents generation although more likely to believe in Spagheti monster gods and to deny climate change seems more inclined to question 'the system' or think that they are living inside or outside 'the matrix'.

Would be funny if silencing of free speech was used against these millennials

Quit painting the younger generation with such a wide brush, keep in mind that we're still talking about a minority here--a significant majority of young people don't go for that government enforced PC agenda.

New generation is less religious and more open to science but that only extends as far as it pertains to PC agenda politics and liberalism. Grandparents generation although more likely to believe in Spagheti monster gods and to deny climate change seems more inclined to question 'the system' or think that they are living inside or outside 'the matrix'.

They are less religious, so you would think they're more open to science but they seem to completely reject biology and sociology. Oh and the scientists better not have girls in bikinis on their shirt or they can get the hell out of here.

That is a pretty discouraging number of people, and I don't think they realize that gov'ts don't typically change their mind and say "we have too much authority and would like to give back more freedoms", so they can't really change their minds once they get their wish and realize it was a mistake. Nevermind how creative they are in finding offense in perfectly innocuous statements or jokes.

If the gov't should strip any rights, it should be to move the voting age to 25 so these spoiled, non-contributing kids can't wreck shit before they have any idea how anything actually works. Or maybe just switch the voting age and the drinking age.

[YT]SOXeTDjx8vg[/YT]

Quit painting the younger generation with such a wide brush, keep in mind that we're still talking about a minority here--a significant majority of young people don't go for that government enforced PC agenda.

I realize it's only a poll but according to it, it's not a significant majority at all, it's only 58%, and that's going all the way up to age 34. I suspect that if those were split into 18-25 and 26-34, the 18-25 would be well over half.

Eh. Under Bush when I was younger the left was silenced, freedom of speech was the most momentous thing to me. That and the second amendment. I grew up a feminist, a part of ARA, ABB. Radical left wing groups. Maybe I'm older and disenchanted but the current left is defaulting on all we stood for. Free speech is being shit upon. I marched in the streets for that right and now the left has evolved in such a negative way. Fuck that.

This what happens when you bring up a bunch of privileged, entitled, spoilt brats and then send them off to university where they have their heads filled with dangerous lefty/Marxists/authoritarian ideas.

This what happens when you bring up a bunch of privileged, entitled, spoilt brats and then send them off to university where they have their heads filled with dangerous lefty/Marxists/authoritarian ideas.

The higher the education level, the lower percentage in support of censorship.
Guess you didn't read it huh?

The higher the education level, the lower percentage in support of censorship.
Guess you didn't read it huh?

Three things. The percentage differential from high school level to college degree is so small it's pretty much insignificant. Higher education doesn't equate to quality, especially in arts and social "sciences"(which are mostly are joke) and is where much of this thinking comes from. Education on all levels if filled with rabid leftists trying to pollute and corrupt young, impressionable minds, even kindergarten.

Guess your brain can't process simple data beyond it's face value and literal interpretation in order to apply it to how it correlates to the real world huh?

Back