Lanna Muay Thai Camp

meatbulle

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys.

In about three weeks I'm leaving for Thailand to practice thai boxing. I'll (at least initially) train att Lanna Muay Thai in Chiang Mai (northern Thailand), mainly because they had a good web site, and I've heard of a lot of people going there, plus it's cheaper living in the north (and no beaches and shit to distract you from training).

What I'd like to know is if any of you have been there, and if so, what did you think about the place? It would be great to hear the opinions of someone that has trained somewhere else in Thailand too. Of course I've seen the muaythailand.com web site, but most of the people there already seem "salvated" :p

Well, tell me.

Can you make sure to post about the camp when you return? I've been looking at Lanna for a while now as a place to go train for a month or so next year. It would be nice to hear a first-hand account.

Sure. I can post something about it here.
I'll be staying for about two and a half months so I'll be back by christmas.

I'm curious too. How much are you planning on spending between airtravel, staying there, food etc?

It's pretty inexpensive.

I've found flights from CA to Thailand starting around $1300 if you book a few months out.

As far as training goes, there is a pricing page on www.lannamuaythai.com. Doing some quick math, it looks like once you're there you can train, eat and sleep for a month on about $500 USD.

My flying tickets cost me 4000 Swedish Kronor which is about $500!

According to my calculations everything (flight, travel, food, training etc) will cost about 20 000 SEK which is ~$2700. Of course I bring more money just in case.

I'll be there for 80 days.

Back