Laimon or Bravo

Murdoch

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I posted this in the MMA forum awhile back an did not get a great response. I respect both Laimon and Bravo a great deal and hope that someday I can tran with both of them. So here are the million dollar questions,i n your opinion who is a better
- jiu-jitsu fighter?
- coach/trainer?
- contributor to bjj and/or mma?
- has a better school?

- Never saw Laimon compete much in Gi
- Laimon
- Laimon
- Laimon

i would go with laimon. but theyre in different states you know

hamoom said:
i would go with laimon. but theyre in different states you know
how does being in different states effect things? I am hopefully moving to vegas this summer and hope to train at Cobra Kai. If i move to LA insted i hope to train nogi at 10th planet. Then again i love the gi and would probably train at Rey's place in venice. wow i just highjacked my own thread. sorry.

This is just going to open a shitty debate about who is better. Most of the people commenting have never trained with either one, yet alone both.

b0b said:
This is just going to open a shitty debate about who is better. Most of the people commenting have never trained with either one, yet alone both.
i didnt mean to start one of those threads. i thought that there would be more people that have trained with them. i know that there are a few obra kai an 10th planet guys that post here. i also wanted to get the view of people that have followed them for awhile.

Murdoch said:
i didnt mean to start one of those threads. i thought that there would be more people that have trained with them. i know that there are a few obra kai an 10th planet guys that post here. i also wanted to get the view of people that have followed them for awhile.
And who do you think the 10th planet guys are gonna vote for? The Cobra Kai guys?

Really, this is pointless. Obviously they're 2 of the best in the game. When you're at the level they are willing to personally help you, I imagine you'll have a better idea which you want it to be. For now, it's pointless, unless you're trying to figure out whose instructional to buy.

Look at the way they fight. Or better: they fought (i guess Eddie has retired from competition just like Marc :) )... If you wanna be an all-around guy (gi, takedowns, butterfly, great top game, trained with top MMA fighters) or two-sided guy (rubber and hg - and this only on your "good" side).

tudor_bjj said:
Look at the way they fight. Or better: they fought (i guess Eddie has retired from competition just like Marc :) )... If you wanna be an all-around guy (gi, takedowns, butterfly, great top game, trained with top MMA fighters) or two-sided guy (rubber and hg - and this only on your "good" side).

here we go w/ the "hi im tudor and i hate eddie bravo" talk again...

ANYWAYS...

I've never trained w/ laimon or anybody from cobra kai but bravo is an amazing teacher. He's also fuckin hilarious and cares a lot about his students well being.

I have to give it to Bravo cause he tapped Royler as a Brown Belt. But I have never trained with either.

Bravo is no doubt cosidered better in the world of jiu jitsu, he is also more feared. Laimon struggled to win on points against an average Gracie where as Bravo tapped the best gracie in tournament history. Bravo has invented numerous things for the game. Bravo is an innovator. Bravo has an invitation whenever he wants to Abu Dhabi. That being said, most people are pissed that he tapped Royler and the did not compete the next Abu Dhabi, or at all since then.

thanks to all the people who have posted quality posts. i'm glad to hear from anyone that has rolled with either of these guys.

Back