1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

Lacking something

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Ring Shark98, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Ring Shark98

Ring Shark98 Black Belt

I have been trying to eat as healthy as possible, and have been doing pretty good for a while now. However, I realized in my shitty daily schedule, I rarely eat meat. Not sure why! However, I feel like I do not have a whole lot of energy. Could I be lacking something, possibly something like iron?

2. I have dips in energy too. For me, I think its closely related to blood sugar levels. Also, I am almost thirty years old. So, a little bit of slowing down is natural.

Consider these things.

Repost with more info.

3. Ring Shark98

Ring Shark98 Black Belt

I turned 20 this year. It shouldn't be my blood sugar, because I eat a lot of fruits and things of that nature. I am wondering if it isn't something in my absence of meat that is causing it (I am taking a protein supplement at the moment, as well as eating a lot of egg whites and cottage cheese).

4. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

fruits have a lot of sugar.. meaning it'll give u rollercoaster blood sugar levels.. the best time to eat fruit is right after taking ur fiber.. bcuz fiber delays absorption of carbs giving them a lower GI rating.. :wink:

5. spiff1242

spiff1242 White Belt

Lots of vegetarians suffer from b vitamin deficiencies because meat is one of the only good sources of b vitamins (not sure if it's b6 or all the b's) and it leads to all kinds of problems. I also wrote in another post about this article I read that egg whites have a protein that inhibits absorbtion of b vitamins, but the yolk has a tremendous amount of b vitamins so eating the whites with the yolk gives you enough b vitamins to overwhelm the blocking from the egg white.

6. Ring Shark98

Ring Shark98 Black Belt

This could very well be.
    I have heard of people lacking in energy, and then take vitamin B and spring back to life.