Lack of titlefights

LUDELOW

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The UFC has 9 weightclasses, if these champs fight 3 times a year, it would be 27 titlefights.
if they fought 2 times a year it would be 18 titlefights.
How many titlefights are we getting in a year? maybe 8 or 10
sure there are injuries, but that would not be the main cause we do not get the proper amount of titlefights.
Does the ufc not have enough money to pay all these champs when they are fighting?
Or is it just politics?

I would not say between 8 or 10. They have 5 scheduled before the end of March for 2013, all scheduled PPVs have one and two TV events have one.

In response to TS I dont think it has anything to do with money. I think the champions only want to fight 2 times a year and like getting extended time off to relax have fun etc... and then get a full 8-12 week training camp for each fight. And injuries definitely play a major factor in why so few title fights.

The other reason its not about money or politics is this applies to all fighters not just title holders, there really isnt many guys in the UFC fighting 4 times a year anymore.

Benson x3
Anderson x1
Jose x 1
Faber/Barao x 1
Jon x 2
JDS x1
Dodson x 1
GSP x 1
Carlos x 1

edit
thats 12 im sure im missing a cpl stop complaining there were a lot of injuries

this year will have been 11 legit title fights and 2 inerim

i think 2 times a year is reasonable for championships given the amount of pressure, time , cost of camp, etc...

so 13 title fights for 8 titles this year ( out of 16 total per year if 2x defenses). That aint bad...you cant pad your numbers with title rondas yet

Benson x3
Anderson x1
Jose x 1
Faber/Barao x 1
Jon x 2
JDS x1
Dodson x 1
GSP x 1
Carlos x 1

edit
thats 12 im sure im missing a cpl stop complaining there were a lot of injuries
yeah, but interims should defend there belt also

yeh these injuries are messing up alot of cards and big fights!!!! there is nothing that can be done though to prevent this

Good luck trying to find three contenders each year.

two or three fights is a good amount of time. Plus they desevre the time off they are the champs. they worked and waited there time

still not enough title defenses

You we only get 8-10 title defenses a year and there have been 14 already with 6 more scheduled.

Every PPV event so far this year has had a title match at least scheduled on it (161's fell through) with more free title fights than ever.

You we only get 8-10 title defenses a year and there have been 14 already with 6 more scheduled.

Every PPV event so far this year has had a title match at least scheduled on it (161's fell through) with more free title fights than ever.

i hate free cards, they cut to commercials when the round ends and too much commercials during wait time

Yeah, there is TWENTY title fights this year, so your post is pointless.

i hate free cards, they cut to commercials when the round ends and too much commercials during wait time

They have put a title match on every PPV card. So just ignore the free ones then.

How many titlefights are we getting in a year? maybe 8 or 10

Closer to double that number I'd guess.

I'd like to see each champ face two legit contenders a year with an additional obligatory freak show/ can crushing.

Have 1 PPV per month with 1-2 title fights per PPV.

Back