Lack of Omaplata's in MMA...

One4thaMoney**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I currently practice Jui Jutsu and the omaplata is one of my favorite moves and my best move to pull off. I pull it off against my training partners plenty of times (though not as recently since they know my moves), im just wondering why we dont see as omaplata's work in MMA, i never seen a omaplata used in a real MMA fight, so what is it harder to perform. I train no-gi so i am just wondering why we dont see people use it

I see them all of the time in MMA. Never seen anyone tap to it though.

If anything its a great sweep, finishing it should be secondary in MMA. Just get off your back.

Without a gi grip I feel that the position can lack some control. Also, if you miss the omoplata you can be passed to side control, or if the opponent postures out you can get some hard ground and pound.

Without a gi grip I feel that the position can lack some control. Also, if you miss the omoplata you can be passed to side control, or if the opponent postures out you can get some hard ground and pound.

I concur.

Thats why I also agree with Jaxxs opinion that it should be used primarily as a sweep; I find if you use the straight legs kick out version of this move (rather than when you triangle your legs) you are less likely to finish the sub but your less likely to find yourself stacked.

Look up Alexandre "Pulga" Pimentel. He has 5 or 6 omoplata finishes in mma.

for fear of being passed to side control (as other people have already stated).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back