Lack of offensive output in title fight—Till and Woodley

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I haven’t yet seen the stats, but it looks as though till landed fewer than 5 strikes in the fight. He may have landed a few knees or short strikes in the clinch that I may have missed.

Can anyone think of another fight where a challenger or even a champ landed fewer strikes in a championship fight that lasted longer than a round?

I thought of aldo and Conor, but that was less than a round and a 1 shot ko situation.

Again, can anyone think of a title last lasting longer than 1 round where either fighter landed fewer strikes than Till?

hard to be 'better' then Ngannous 4th round against Stipe
DFlG5bz.png

WB vs Woodley II comes to mind.
I haven’t yet seen the stats, but it looks as though till landed fewer than 5 strikes in the fight. He may have landed a few knees or short strikes in the clinch that I may have missed.

Can anyone think of another fight where a challenger or even a champ landed fewer strikes in a championship fight that lasted longer than a round?

I thought of aldo and Conor, but that was less than a round and a 1 shot ko situation.

Again, can anyone think of a title last lasting longer than 1 round where either fighter landed fewer strikes than Till?
Not sure on the final stats, but at least Aldo landed as many punches as Conor lol.

That's about the total for all 5 rounds for both fighters in Woodley/Maia.

That's about the total for all 5 rounds for both fighters in Woodley/Maia.

Coincidentally I had been looking up that very match. Woodley: 57 strikes and Maia: 28!

But thinking about Maia and boring titles shots led me to check out Andersen Silva title challenger records. Both Maia and Thales Leites managed 10 strikes against him. Which if you prorate it over the 5 rounds makes them even less of a whirlwind than Till.

WB vs Woodley II comes to mind.

Not sure on the final stats, but at least Aldo landed as many punches as Conor lol.

Lol. I was thinking about that when I made the op.

Conor and Aldo both landed the same number of strikes.

Vastly different results though.

Lol. I was thinking about that when I made the op.

Conor and Aldo both landed the same number of strikes.

Vastly different results though.
Gotta credit Aldo. His shot landed and knocked Conors head back AFTER the lights were out.

Output may have been low, but the fight was tense. Till was trying to draw Woodley out for a counter.

Woodley and Maia broke the record for least thrown in title fight, per Dana White (or something like that he said)

Back