LA Boxing in Tarzana, California?

retro inspired

White Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever trained here before? I've heard LA Boxing and I know it has a lot of locations that teach MMA, but what I really want to know is how thorough their MMA/striking training classes are. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Go check it out. Most LA Boxing places suck, but a couple are decent. Apparently, they are going more and more to the fitness crowd though. The original in costa mesa was ok.

They just opened one up a couple of miles away from me (Sacramento) a few months ago. I was pretty excited because all of the good schools are on the opposite side of town from me. I went in the and talked with them before they officially opened and it completely turned me off.

The short version: They only have 2 BJJ classes a week, 60+% of the gym is heavybags (there's no room for anything else). They're definitely geared towards cardio kickboxing, although I'm sure you could get some quality American Kickboxing instruction if you really wanted to. As far as MMA/Muay Thai.... not so much, and on top of all of that it's expensive and you have to do at least a 1 year contract.

This is just my local franchise, the fact that they're franchised probably means that every location is completely different, I've heard that a couple in Southern Cal train real MMA. I guess you just have to go and check it out.

Back