Kyoshin Karate video with Kung Fu.

aaron_mag said:
Stole this from the MMA discussion.

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=121C4ROGT3RHE3TMIMXEIC1OZX

The drunken fist dude amazed me. That guy can take a hit. I'd have been knocked out by those kicks.
I saw this awhile back.

Yeah, the drunken fist kung fu guy could take a hit pretty good (did you hear that crack when his foot hit his skull?) He might have done better if he took the match as seriously as the Kyokushin guys did.

the kung fu duder took those shots well but i didnt really see him land anything. No offense to kung fu, but im glad i do something much more straight forward now... which revolves around me kickin mothafuckas heads off

You should really have to get drunk to use the drunken fighter style. Works much better, I'm sure.

great vid, although the kung fu guy could have connected with more shots.

That was a pretty sound win for Kyokushin, the drunk boxer got it the worst, you could tell he was embarassed.

Yeah, the kung fu practitioner could take a shot. And, he made excellent use of his own head as a blocking device.

That was pretty cool. Gave me a little more faith in karate.

Yeah it's a fun clip to watch... but I would alway want to see a top shaolin guy going against kyokushinka/kickboxers...

Oh...trust me. I'd rather not take the kicks like the Drunken Master dude.

Actually it surprised me how much kyokushin guys kick. They actually led with a kick and did lead leg kicking. Reminded me of ITF TKD (which is basically Karate with emphasis on kicks).

I actually thought he was slipping them initially since really talented guys sometimes slip like that and make it look like they might of hit from some angles. but the reply clearly shows him getting hit.

Has anyone got a vid of shaolin kun fu against muay thia or karate, I would like 2 see a proper shaolin monk fight one of them

abhi said:
Has anyone got a vid of shaolin kun fu against muay thia or karate, I would like 2 see a proper shaolin monk fight one of them
There was a clip of some kung fu guy against a relatively decent TKD guy posted some time ago. It was very interesting.

The kung fu guy was really really fast, be blocked everything, and struck back very quickly. He looked like a monk from the movies, shaved head and all, and seemed very calm and serene.

Evil Eye Gouger said:
There was a clip of some kung fu guy against a relatively decent TKD guy posted some time ago. It was very interesting.

The kung fu guy was really really fast, be blocked everything, and struck back very quickly. He looked like a monk from the movies, shaved head and all, and seemed very calm and serene.

Yeah that was pretty damn cool. It looked like something out of a movie.

Evil Eye Gouger said:

I don't doubt there are some good kung fu guys at all. I've had some of them hit me.

Can you give us a link. Always good to see stuff.

I can't find it, guys, sorry.

I remember it was somewhere on Sherdog, but I can't find it anymore. Maybe somebody else has it saved somewhere.

Back