Kyle Maynard does submission wrestling

Te(V)plar

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He was on good morning america today, pimping out his new book "No Excuses". For those of you who have forgotten, he is that kid born without fully formed limbs who wrestles. Apparently, he does submission wrestling too. Good morning america, only referred to him as "wrestling". But they very clearly showed him decked out in casca grossa clothing and training in a Straight Blast Gym. They showed some clips of him grappling in a tournament, and he was working a side choke on a kid (while wearing casca grossa gear).

Furthermore, he's listed:
http://www.mma.tv/RANKED/index.cfm?ac=RANKEDfighterDetail&UID=210507

So am I wrong about this? Does Cosca Grossa sponsor this guy or does he just like their stuff?

thats crazy.. i dont see how he wrestles.. let alone submits people.

Was he that Brown Belt tooling some kid in a BJJ tourney a while back?

It was of a guy with two stumps intread of legs. His wrestling/upper body strength made him impossiblt to put on his back. His opponent was trying to play guard but having no legs made him unhalfguardable. he was racking up points, mounting etc and won with a gi choke.

Same guy??

I believe Randy Couture is friends with him and he's went to the Team Quest gym a few times so it's not surprising he's entering nogi tournaments now. I think Casca Grossa sent him a bunch of stuff after they heard about him.

Dream Keella, I think that was someone else.

Superbeast said:
I believe Randy Couture is friends with him and he's went to the Team Quest gym a few times so it's not surprising he's entering nogi tournaments now. I think Casca Grossa sent him a bunch of stuff after they heard about him.

Dream Keella, I think that was someone else.

Ok, anyone have any links?

i am going to buy his book, it should be very interesting

Te(V)plar said:
http://www.kmaynard.com/

I couldnt find any nogi stuff on there. However, in the pics section there is a pic of him with Randy Couture.

Thanks. This guy is something else, I can't even think of any subs he could do, but then again I couldn't think of any takedowns either.

Back