Kun Khmer and Muay Thai difference's

The main difference appears to be that the Kun Khmer style utilises a lot more elbows. But as far as rules go, they're basically identical.

Most Kun Khmer fighters also don't wear mongkons.

Kun Khmer is like Muay Thai. It's marketed in some countries such as Vietnam , Korea.

Laos, Thailand and Cambodia all have the same ruleset I think. Only Burma's Lethwei has kept the headbutts. All those countries had the same rules (Lethwei rules) up until fairly recently (1950-ish?).

Laos, Thailand and Cambodia all have the same ruleset I think. Only Burma's Lethwei has kept the headbutts. All those countries had the same rules (Lethwei rules) up until fairly recently (1950-ish?).
Gloves and a boxing ring were first used in MT in 1920.

No problem !

1.Fighters from Japan use Myanmar Lethwei style.
2.Fighters from Korea & Vietnam use Kun Khmer style.
3.Fighters from China use Muay Thai style.

1378619329-1378569895-o.gif

Kun khmer tends to be less refined than muaythai and the kicking technique uses less hip. Also brawl more

does anyone actually follow the Khmer scene?

who are some of the top figthers

does anyone actually follow the Khmer scene?

who are some of the top figthers
Keo Rumchang was like the best.
Just like how Tun Tun Min's fans keep calling out Buakaw to fight him in Lethwei rule, Keo Rumchang's fans used to do the same until Yod blasted him.
Since then he got one good win against Ikyusan.

But do Kun Khmer fighters fight both gloved in Thailand and hand wraps against Lethwei fighters ?.
Plus do Lethwei fighters do both glove and hand wraps ?

Back