KTFO during grappling

b0b

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone ever been knocked stupid when grappling? Post your stories here.

We do Judo with heavy emphasis on BJJ and MMA fighting. I am new, and a new guy was practicing throws with me. He droped me kind of sideways, and I couldn't do a proper breakfall and landed right on my head. I didn't get KTFO, but I was seeing stars and was a little out of it.

Well, I don't think this counts, but back when I was doing submission wrestling, I decided to shoot for a single leg, and the guy I was shooting on came into me and accidentally knee'd me right in the face. My nose to be exact. This was quite unpleasant as it pushed my nose a little out of place.

I wasn't KTFO, but that shit fucken hurt.

i've never been KTFO while grappling, allthough i have C'd people the FO. i hate when ur rolling with someone and you get them in a choke and they refuse to tap.....its like their ego is so huge they can't even begin to think of tapping to a 150 lb guy. Whatever the reason its happened to me like twice....dont mean to hijack the thread...just ranting. no KTFO tho

MadMonkeyBJJx9 said:
i've never been KTFO while grappling, allthough i have C'd people the FO. i hate when ur rolling with someone and you get them in a choke and they refuse to tap.....its like their ego is so huge they can't even begin to think of tapping to a 150 lb guy. Whatever the reason its happened to me like twice....dont mean to hijack the thread...just ranting. no KTFO tho

CTFO counts too!

i've never been CTFO ....i'd just C'd peole the F O lol....i'm not an egomaniac

Have you guys ever shot at the same time as your opponent???? I've probably done this about 100 times in my grappling carrer.

i was once playing an open guard, and a guy tried a knee-through the middle pass and hit me square in the nuts. he hit them so hard that my head involunarily reared back into the mat and i knocked myself silly. i didnt go out or anything, but i was dazed and needed a couple minutes.

colinm said:
i was once playing an open guard, and a guy tried a knee-through the middle pass and hit me square in the nuts. he hit them so hard that my head involunarily reared back into the mat and i knocked myself silly. i didnt go out or anything, but i was dazed and needed a couple minutes.

lmao

saw stars and heard my neck crack out 5-6 times once

I threw a guy but he turtled before he hit, so I went for his back, got one arm under his chin, but both my legs were at his side. Well he just grabbed them and yanked, SMACK *crack, crack, crack crack*
didn't stop or anything but afterwards I had this wierd feeling of floating and when I woke up the next morning, my neck barely worked :-D

My last big judo comp I went for a double leg and took a knee to the temple that seriously fucked me up, managed to choke the guy but when i got up went dizzy and had to sit down. The funny thing is that when the first aiders checked me out they gave me one of those chemical ice packs. the damn thing breaks and starts leaking ammonium nitrate over the side of my head. that really stung.

I also got properly ktfo a while back wrestling at my club with this 14stone odd ex commonwealth level powerlifter. He passed my guard and in moving round to side control manages to land knee first on my head.

I've been choked out. I was new to BJJ and didn't really see that I was about to get choked. I'm not sure if I tapped but I woke up confused and ready to roll again. As I opened my eyes I realized it was the instructor in front of me and not the blue belt I was rolling with. The instuctor came over and tapped on my behalf.

It took a while to gain my senses back but I rolled about 10 minutes later and had a headache that night.

colinm said:
wear a cup

As a freshman in college guys on my floor used to basically do submission grappling but we didnt really kno what it was. I was drunk and refused to tap to a guillotine....woke up a few seconds later with people slappin my face tryin to wake me up......since then I have about a year of BJJ under my belt and realize that it doesn't make you a pussy to tap.

My buddy put me in a sloppy RNC fucking around. I decided that was a perfect time to show off. I sat there talking all types of shit and correcting his technique. Unfortunately for me, he got it right after some fiddling. Just as I'm about to counter, I find myself falling and flailing. I threw myself down the street, thrashing around on the concrete wondering what the fuck was happening to me.

i almost got CTFO in my first weeks of grappling, good thing i got out of that guillotine but my eyes turned red and i sat on the side almost the rest of the training. but ive never been KTFO

I Ced someone TFO using an arm triangle from the bottom from across side. He went out and his weight was obviously still on me so I didn't really know until I easily put him back in the guard, thinking I wouldn't be able to finish an arm triangle from the bottom (I was using it to keep him in place) and I noticed he was snoring and limp. Someone else pulled him off me and then yelled at him for not tapping once he woke up. He said he had a full night of dreams.

I got DDT'd by one of my friends on a marble floor once. I was pretty f#ckin dazed but not KOed.

Did years of Judo and never been KO'ed from a throw. Been choked out a few times. The thing that has KO'ed me has been knees to the head when both sides are grappling on the ground. The vision starts blacking out, and the room spins. Funny hopw easy it is to land knees from there, although they're technically illegal. it happens "accidentally" a lot... Nasty.....

Sparring one time with a blue belt who had just returned from Brasil. I outweighed him, and managed to get him into mount and trapped both of his arms under my knees. The match had gotten a little intense and about half the class was gathered around watching us roll. Everyone was shouting advice at both of us. One of the purple belts yelled at me to go for a collar choke since his arms were pinned. As I went for that, the instructor told my opponent to upa out. He bucked really hard and since my center of gravity was leaned forward and both of my hands tied up in his collar, my forehead was slammed into the mat and everything went black. Luckily I regained consciousness a second or two later, and my body had gone limp and still kept him down long enough to keep mount.

dapunisher said:
Have you guys ever shot at the same time as your opponent???? I've probably done this about 100 times in my grappling carrer.

Yeah this happened to me too before. My opponent and I wound up involuntarily kissing when our faces made contact.

Not sure if this counts as KTFO... but while practicing takedowns, my training partner attempted a sloppy uchi mata. I defended by putting my weight back. In the process, his heel landed full force on my nuts. I instantly dropped to the floor. It took me at least a good 10 minutes to recover.

Back