• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP KSW Colosseum 2: Khalidov vs. Askham | 03.06 | 12 PM ET/9 AM PT - Discussion Thread

Ah, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. When you said "shady" I was thinking something a lot more corrupt since (I think) he was the defending champ.

I've never seen him fight before and after hearing you rave about him I'm really disappointed I won't get to tonight. Any fights of his I should look up on youtube?
Yeah, Parnasse was the interim champ (at this weight class) and his opponent was the champ, the interim belt already happened because of the champ's knee problems IIRC. Hence Salah becoming champ after his opponent relinquished.

I don't think serious things like corruption, etc happened, and in the end, Parnasse is the double champ, he's young and hungry, I'm not worried ! He's seemingly very well treated in KSW, but an offer from the UFC might come anytime soon, I guess.

His fight against Szymanski was good, here's a short video introducing him :

Is there a "no shirts" section???

Never underestimate the loyalty of Soccer Hooligans

Legia Hooligans and unironically they do have their own section at all soccer games

Probably Legia ultras, a Warsaw football club
(The ones @BoxerMaurits talked about earlier)

I've always been low key fascinated with soccer hooligans. I don't know why. Europe has a bunch of weird subcultures that intrigue me.
These mf’ers make for an absolutely great atmosphere, but aren’t afraid to get in a fight themselves aswell lol, I tell you that<45>
It’s a common thing with those football ultras/hooligans, they get in a “controlled” fight with eachother after every game. Idk why, but it’s kind of a culture thing I guess.
These things aren’t in place at combat sports events though. I’ve been to A LOT of live events, with big rivalries between supporters aswell but there’s always respect, always.
But when those fellas attended GLORY 80 in Hasselt, Belgium there was no respect lol from their side. They started to violate fans rooting for Badr/against Arek.
I always love the rivalry between supporters/fighters, it gives that extra adrenaline, but there should always be respect!
When I attended Badr Hari vs Arek Wrzosek 2 last year it looked like those hools were literally looking for a fight like they always do with the “opposite” football team. We don’t do that shit in the fighting community!
Watch this clip. It’s from moments before the fight starts and you see some of them get into our section (and you see some guys running away too)
https://share.icloud.com/photos/03cDo2G8OFx9-Dj2bP8SSvnCg
Here’s Arek Wrzosek’s walkout, and all his guys are shirtless, this is a great scene though lol, love the energy<45>
https://share.icloud.com/photos/05fEk2BcAzNkpeUrPOncEFNug
Like I said, they make for a great atmosphere with their football chants during the fights!
https://share.icloud.com/photos/06c875xj7PvmTaa68z5tS8R0g
But when the fight didn’t continue after the second round because of riots that wouldn’t settle (even after Melvin Manhoef, Nick Hemmers, and even Arek Wrzosek himself got on the mic to calm them down), they got crazy and started throwing chairs and stuff in our section while they entered our section to maybe even start fights.
When that happened me and my dad had seen enough and ran to the exit like many others. Sherdogger or not (we’re a solid 500lbs combined), we weren’t enjoying the idea of getting in a fight with 200 coked out/roided up Legia Warsaw hooligans, lol

Look at this wtf

Ya they are all Teddy Boys 95, Arek has a tattoo of them on his forearm
Jup, he’s one of them, look at his bicep and google Teddy Boys 95 if you don’t know about them

I became a big fan of Wrzosek through all his hard fights, and he always seems kind and respectful on the mic (he was very kind when I met him IRL aswell).
His fanbase absolutely pissed me off by ruining GLORY 80 though. They robbed us of the third round and the main event still coming up (Jamal Ben Saddik vs Levi Rigters)
I’m sure Arek didn’t want any of that to happen, it’s certainly not his fault.
I think stuff like that won’t happen again as long as he’s fighting in KSW though. Those guys behave way better at home soil than they do at “enemy territory”, that’s for sure.
I would’ve loved Arek to still be in the mix at GLORY as he was making a name of himself, though I really enjoy his KSW-run so far aswell.
He’s always in fun fights!

Does he have any fights coming up? According to fight finder, he hasn't fought since losing to Volkov in 2021. I keep seeing photos that he's back on the horsemeat, but no news about a fight.

I kind of thought he was retired.

He had a Kickboxing fight with Badr Hari and pissed hot after that.
KSW tried to sign him if I am not mistaken but there were some complications or so.

He fought in kickboxing in GLORY, but popped and is suspended.

Oh, no way! I had no idea he went back to kickboxing. And of course he pissed hot for horsemeat lol. Probably melted the cup.
Jup. Here it is @don't ask

I’m not one of the folks who endlessly hates on the UFC, but given their finances, they really could improve their events if they spent some money on some production costs. I really wouldn’t mind if they had an entrance ramp and let their fighters show some personality during their entrances.
Yeah this event was great. I loved all the oldskool production that contributed to the “Colosseum” thing

Yeah, Parnasse was the interim champ (at this weight class) and his opponent was the champ, the interim belt already happened because of the champ's knee problems IIRC. Hence Salah becoming champ after his opponent relinquished.

I don't think serious things like corruption, etc happened, and in the end, Parnasse is the double champ, he's young and hungry, I'm not worried ! He's seemingly very well treated in KSW, but an offer from the UFC might come anytime soon, I guess.

His fight against Szymanski was good, here's a short video introducing him :

Thanks for those videos, they were both great! How big are the KSW gloves? Because they look huge in the Parnasse fights (I mean, I know he's a featherweight, but I've never noticed the 4oz UFC gloves look that huge before).

Even in the thumbnail for the Torres vs Parnasse vid, Torre's KSW gloves look so much bigger than Parnasse's KSW gloves and their heights are almost the same.

These mf’ers make for an absolutely great atmosphere, but aren’t afraid to get in a fight themselves aswell lol, I tell you that<45>
It’s a common thing with those football ultras/hooligans, they get in a “controlled” fight with eachother after every game. Idk why, but it’s kind of a culture thing I guess.
These things aren’t in place at combat sports events though. I’ve been to A LOT of live events, with big rivalries between supporters aswell but there’s always respect, always.
But when those fellas attended GLORY 80 in Hasselt, Belgium there was no respect lol from their side. They started to violate fans rooting for Badr/against Arek.
I always love the rivalry between supporters/fighters, it gives that extra adrenaline, but there should always be respect!
When I attended Badr Hari vs Arek Wrzosek 2 last year it looked like those hools were literally looking for a fight like they always do with the “opposite” football team. We don’t do that shit in the fighting community!
Watch this clip. It’s from moments before the fight starts and you see some of them get into our section (and you see some guys running away too)
Here’s Arek Wrzosek’s walkout, and all his guys are shirtless, this is a great scene though lol, love the energy<45>
Like I said, they make for a great atmosphere with their football chants during the fights!
But when the fight didn’t continue after the second round because of riots that wouldn’t settle (even after Melvin Manhoef, Nick Hemmers, and even Arek Wrzosek himself got on the mic to calm them down), they got crazy and started throwing chairs and stuff in our section while they entered our section to maybe even start fights.
When that happened me and my dad had seen enough and ran to the exit like many others. Sherdogger or not (we’re a solid 500lbs combined), we weren’t enjoying the idea of getting in a fight with 200 coked out/roided up Legia Warsaw hooligans, lol

Look at this wtf

Jup, he’s one of them, look at his bicep and google Teddy Boys 95 if you don’t know about them

I became a big fan of Wrzosek through all his hard fights, and he always seems kind and respectful on the mic (he was very kind when I met him IRL aswell).
His fanbase absolutely pissed me off by ruining GLORY 80 though. They robbed us of the third round and the main event still coming up (Jamal Ben Saddik vs Levi Rigters)
I think stuff like that won’t happen again as long as he’s fighting in KSW though. Those guys behave way better at home soil than they do at “enemy territory”, that’s for sure.
I would’ve loved Arek to still be in the mix at GLORY as he was making a name of himself, though I really enjoy his KSW-run so far aswell.

Downloading your vids now! It's crazy that they're all roidmonkeys -- the troublemakers here are usually pretty average in size. And the trouble they start is much more, um, limited in scope. They're definitely not charging into crowds and ruining entire events. They usually walk around in small groups (4-5 people) and start shoving smaller groups standing in lines and outside the bathrooms.

Jup. Here it is @don't ask

Damn, what a great fight. Of course he popped, though. He looked like a slender Bob Sapp.

Overeem's style is always so interesting. In kickboxing he fights like a brawler who might have someone shoot a takedown and in MMA he fights like a kickboxer who's used to shelling up behind 12oz gloves. But I've always been a fan of his: he's the only fighter who's a kickboxing champion, a MMA champion and a grappling champion.

Downloading your vids now! It's crazy that they're all roidmonkeys -- the troublemakers here are usually pretty average in size. And the trouble they start is much more, um, limited in scope. They're definitely not charging into crowds and ruining entire events. They usually walk around in small groups (4-5 people) and start shoving smaller groups standing in lines and outside the bathrooms.

I just watched your videos and that youtube vid -- that shit is bonkers! Were there any consequences for these guys? I'm so glad we don't have this stuff happening over here. It reminds me of stories from boxing in the 60s or 70s in smaller venues when the Hell's Angels would beat the shit out of everyone in the crowd just because they could. Seeing these people do it in such a huge arena is unreal.

I just watched your videos and that youtube vid -- that shit is bonkers! Were there any consequences for these guys? I'm so glad we don't have this stuff happening over here. It reminds me of stories from boxing in the 60s or 70s in smaller venues when the Hell's Angels would beat the shit out of everyone in the crowd just because they could. Seeing these people do it in such a huge arena is unreal.
Yeah that was crazy man.
Normally shit like that doesn’t happen at all, but like I said those guys were there just to fuck shit up. Even the security had nothing for them because they were with so many guys.

Well, the consequences were that Arek Wrzosek’s GLORY contract got terminated (that’s why he signed with KSW).
In fact that had nothing to do with Arek himself, but I guess GLORY had absolutely no clue how to prevent something like this from happening again, because Arek was only getting better and more popular (which results in even more of his fans attending his fights).
GLORY’s events are always safe, but when there’s 200 guys looking for trouble ofcourse they will get the trouble they’re looking for, there’s nothing that can prevent that.
So I think that’s why they decided to terminate his contract. It’s a shame, because really liked to have him in the mix at heavyweight in GLORY..

Yeah that was crazy man.
Normally shit like that doesn’t happen at all, but like I said those guys were there just to fuck shit up. Even the security had nothing for them because they were with so many guys.

Well, the consequences were that Arek Wrzosek’s GLORY contract got terminated (that’s why he signed with KSW).
In fact that had nothing to do with Arek himself, but I guess GLORY had absolutely no clue how to prevent something like this from happening again, because Arek was only getting better and more popular (which results in even more of his fans attending his fights).
GLORY’s events are always safe, but when there’s 200 guys looking for trouble ofcourse they will get the trouble they’re looking for, there’s nothing that can prevent that.
So I think that’s why they decided to terminate his contract. It’s a shame, because really liked to have him in the mix at heavyweight in GLORY..

Oh man, that is a whole new level of having your career harmed by your shitty fans. I don't blame Glory, but I've never heard of a fighter -- or anyone -- facing such a major setback because of crazy assholes who cheer for you. But, you're right, 200 people looking for a fight is more people than there are soldiers in most companies. That's not something Glory can handle.

Look at this wtf

Some clubs have an insane reputation, when it comes to ultras/hools. Eastern Europe of course, like Wisla Krakow in Poland too, but South Americans are a special kind of crazy too.
I'd like to attend a Superclásico (boca/river) someday. The 2018 libertadores finals at the Bombonera must've been crazy (2-2, and they actually had to relocate the rematch in Madrid because supporters of one team assaulted the opposite team's bus with rocks and shit before the rematch,initially planned at the Monumental)

You're right when you say some are a lot more violent abroad ; in C3, when eastern European team come to play an away game, our town centers, around the stadium, etc, become a total mess, especially when they lose, they can literally riot (but our cops are used to riots lmao, it's like going to church for us frenchies).

A lot of stupid people amongst those guys, I have to say. I like the folklore, adrenaline, when you're in a boiling hot stadium, but ruining an event is certainly stupid.

Just yesterday, Bordeaux played a crucial game, that would allow them to get back in 1st division (last game of the season). The other team scores a goal : some Bordeaux ultra jumps on the pitch and shoves the scorer.

Game stopped, player seen by docs, can't go back on the pitch, Bordeaux lost (well they are trying to appeal, etc, in order to replay the game, but they were losing 0-1, so I dont see it ending well for them ; moreover, the ultramarines (bordeaux ultras) made a communiqué acknowleding the guy is indeed a bordeaux ultra...

To be fair Badr fans also have the reputation to be quite "annoying".
If I remember correctly, Wrzosek's team also claimed that it all started because of them throwing things at the Legia hools and that Badr even animated them to do so because he was losing or so xD.

It probably wouldn't have escaleted that much without the badr fans triggering these roided bears.

Beter video of this situation from around 7:25.

Last edited:
To be fair Badr fans also have a reputation to be quite "annoying".
If I remember correctly, Wrzosek's team also claimed that it all started because of them throwing things at the Legia hools and that Badr even animated them to do so because he was losing or so xD.

It probably wouldn't have escaleted that much without the badr fans triggering these roided bears.

I remember telling a Jon Jones fan his Bones Jones shirt was stupid. I was basically in daycare level trashtalk while over in Europe shirtless roidmonkeys were raising kids and holding down a full-time job in their level of trash talk. They'd basically murder me with a brick.

To be fair Badr fans also have the reputation to be quite "annoying".

Yeah the other people in attendance were reacting to their behavior, ofcourse they did, though that indeed didn’t help to calm down the situation lol.

I was there. All of this started even way before the Badr - Wrzosek fight. The first time those guys entered our section was before the Tiffany van Soest fight, it just wasn’t shown on tv, only the escalation was.
Midway through the event the hools started to behave off, and act very weird, and that’s when other people in attendance started booing them because they interrupted the action.
Ofcourse that didn’t work and in fact the booing even backfired because those guys won’t calm down because other people want to, with football games they’re the alphas and no one tells them what to do, so they leveled up and the tension became higher and higher towards the Badr - Wrzosek fight, and in the end their behavior escalated and the event turned into a total shitshow.
If the other people in attendance didn’t react to their behavior in any form, yeah then all of this probably didn’t happen, that’s true. But that’s always gonna happen. You can’t come in like that with 200 guys, behave the way you do and expect no one is going to react.

That’s no justification for what happened there, for no one, but I can tell you a lot of people felt very intimidated that night, and that shouldn’t be the case at an event like that where it’s normally all about respect, that really sucked.

I’m just glad no one got seriously hurt. I also thought it was a big bummer that GLORY terminated Arek’s contract because of what happened. He was their key to the Polish market imo, but I think they just had no clue how to prevent this from happening again at future events featuring Arek, considering the fact he was doing a good job and would found himself in more big fights after this. So unfortunately they had to..
He was booked against Antonio Plazibat one time but the fight got cancelled. That would’ve been a banger man:)
I’m glad Arek is doing a good job so far, he’ll always have my support.

About Badr hyping up his fanbase after got announced they wanted to start the third round:

GLORY said they wanted to continue the fight and the Badr Army was very quiet at that particular moment (probably impressed by the hooligans), while the Polish dudes were super noisy and supportive.
So when GLORY announced they wanted to continue the fight and finish the third round, that’s when Badr turned towards us and tried to get us hyped aswell, (imo) because he needed our loud support in the third round to get the job done and Arek’s fanbase shouldn’t overwhelm his own fanbase, but that’s just my personal impression on that while being fully in the moment, lol:D
I also started cheering when Badr did that, and by no means I did that to make the Polish dudes even more violent lol. I just wanted to show Badr my support for the upcoming third round.
Here’s that particular moment (the voices you hear are from Melvin Manhoef and Nick Hemmers who tried to calm down the situation):
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0670sxcVyIh6td0KZQ9C76l1A

Oh man, that is a whole new level of having your career harmed by your shitty fans. I don't blame Glory, but I've never heard of a fighter -- or anyone -- facing such a major setback because of crazy assholes who cheer for you. But, you're right, 200 people looking for a fight is more people than there are soldiers in most companies. That's not something Glory can handle.
Yeah I also understand their decision to terminate Arek’s contract, they just had to because of the reasons I mentioned in the post above, but it’s still a shame. He’s a fun fighter that was making waves!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back