Kovalev vs Alvarez II

BusterKeaton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The fight is in 12 days Interesting that Kovalev opens as the favourite. Lots going on Duva claims Kovalev over trained and is taking a light training camp. Taking weekend off. Also the whole felony charges.

Last edited:
The fight is in 12 days Interesting that Kovalev opens as the favourite. Lots going on Duva claims Kovalev over trained and is taking a light training camp. Taking weekend off. Also the whole felony charges.
Sounds a lot like the same excuses from fighting Ward.

Let's expect no adjustments at all. Again.

glad that they are doing re-match.

same outcome seems like most likely possibility

For any Canadians here the rights were picked up by TSN it will be shown on TSN 3.

given how shitty kov is as a person, it'll be genuinely sad if he does manage to make adjustments

Why is he a shitty person? I have him winning the rematch, although I think he's getting progressively slower now that he is in his mid 30's.

Why is he a shitty person? I have him winning the rematch, although I think he's getting progressively slower now that he is in his mid 30's.
Probably his antics of antagonizing people based on race, and assaulting a woman. Neither are exactly unique for the sport but Kov has taken it to a pretty far level

The accusations came before the last fight and some say his mind wasnt on the job ala Tony vs Shane.

Let's expect no adjustments at all. Again.
Well other than not getting caught and collapsing, was Kovalev not winning the fight before? Had him up 5-1, 4-2 before that 7th

Well other than not getting caught and collapsing, was Kovalev not winning the fight before? Had him up 5-1, 4-2 before that 7th

The fact of the matter is that smart boxers tend to adjust before a rematch. I assume Alvarez will. Ward did, before fighting Kovalev again. And Kovalev didn't.

Last edited:
I had it, 3-3 but kovalev had to throw way more punches to land 2 more in rounds other than the 4th. Kovalev only outlander Alvarez in 3 rounds. Kovaldc known as the harder puncher was getting the rounds from Harold but kovalev didn't land a clear. Purnch until the 4th and Alvarez landed clean jabs and clean strsights before then.

4-2 Kovalev or 3-3

The fact of the matter is that smart boxers tend to adjust before a rematch. I assume Alvarez will. Ward did, before fighting Kovalev. And Kovalev didn't.
Lots of factors Roy Jones early on said Kovalev looked bad and if Alvarez could take it deeper he could stop him. And the other two said he didn't have power and Roy kept on saying he has the power to.stop.him.

Now maybe Kovalev who claimed to over train didn't train hard and was worried about his arrest over looked Alvarez. Now at 35 almost 36 can kovalec improve his stamina and get a new game plan. Have we ever seen him do that? I wouldn't bet on it but it could happen.

For any Canadians here the rights were picked up by TSN it will be shown on TSN 3.
Great news. I was surprised when my friend told me this. I don’t know about the rest of Canada, but here in Quebec, these fights are usually ppv. (Even when the fighter is not that popular)

For Vancouver HBO never showed canadian fights ever. PBC and SHOWTIME didn't. anything that was a quebec ppv wasn't shown here legally and we often could only order them ONLINE if at all.

Lots of factors Roy Jones early on said Kovalev looked bad and if Alvarez could take it deeper he could stop him. And the other two said he didn't have power and Roy kept on saying he has the power to.stop.him.

Now maybe Kovalev who claimed to over train didn't train hard and was worried about his arrest over looked Alvarez. Now at 35 almost 36 can kovalec improve his stamina and get a new game plan. Have we ever seen him do that? I wouldn't bet on it but it could happen.

Well, relying exclusively on the 1-2 can help you deal with 99% of boxers if you do it well, and Sergey does it well, but the remaining 1% will feast on your limitations.

Well, relying exclusively on the 1-2 can help you deal with 99% of boxers if you do it well, and Sergey does it well, but the remaining 1% will feast on your limitations.

Yeah but guys that rely on it also need to dictate the distance better and have the legs to do it all night, ya get tired the other guy cuts the distance.

Back