Kostya Tszyu vs Jackie Chan?

Dunedain

White Belt
Reaction score

World famous Chinese kung-fu star and martial artist Jackie Chan has agreed to an exhibition fight in China with Russian boxer Kostya Tszyu, an event organizer said on Thursday. "Jackie Chan gave his approval, saying he liked the idea," Tatyana Trubnikova said. "But we need to receive permission from the Chinese Olympic Committee, as Chan is China's official face for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing." She said that if permission is given, the bout will take place on August 22 or 23 in Russia House, which will be accommodating the Russian delegation to the Beijing Games, scheduled for August 8-24. The bout between the 54-year-old Hollywood star and the 38-year-old Australia-based Russian boxer, the undisputed junior welterweight world champion, will be held as part of festivities for Olympic boxing.

Despite being slated as an exhibition fight, if this fight becomes official, I would be interested in watching it.

Sounds more like it will by dancing with the stars than fighting

I dunno man, Kostya's a pretty serious guy...he got in the ring with a retired Rugby player on a TV show here about 6 years ago (when he was still in shape and fighting at the highest level) and dropped some bombs on the guy. I was laughing my ass off, I know that guy thought Kostya would take it easy on him...he didn't. Kostya only backed off after nearly KOing the guy.
I fear for Jackie Chan's life if he thinks Tszyu will be playing...

I'll try to find out the validity of this fight in the next couple of days...Kostya lives a street from me here in Sydney and I talk to him fairly often as we both go to the same liquor store.

DOOD, you can't post that without giving a link of the vid. Seriously, link it.

DOOD, you can't post that without giving a link of the vid. Seriously, link it.

I would, but I have no clue where to find it. The Rugby player was about 40 at the time and was wearing headgear and boxing shorts...Kostya was wearing (by memory) Jeans and a T-Shirt and casual shoes.

The rugby guy was a former enforcer at 6'1 or 2 and about 220lbs, but Tszyu made him look like a girl...clocked him big time with a jab/right cross/left hook combo...the whole thing took place in about 40 seconds before the rugby guy wanted no more of it...lol

If you want to search for it, The show is called 'The Footy Show' and the rugby guy's name is Mario Fenech.

I remember Taktarov fighting Lundgren in boxing match in Russia at Fighting Stars Show. Probably will be the same. I cant even speculate who wins this one))

Haha id love to see this fight that would be super funny, Id love to see Jackie Chan use his drunken Kung Fu on Kostya.

well is this just boxing or is it a mma...what are rules?
are there chairs and tables and various objects. War jackie chan.

I cannot imagine this being a serious fight considering how old Jackie is.

..most random fight ever? I don't even know what to make of this.. I mean... the hell?

Now this is the type of publicity stunt that I like.

Jackie Chan winning would probably be the most ridiculous outcome in sports history.

Chan by flipping over the circular saw table and hitting Kostya with a refridgerator door

Do we get to see the outtakes and bloopers after the fight?

I would, but I have no clue where to find it. The Rugby player was about 40 at the time and was wearing headgear and boxing shorts...Kostya was wearing (by memory) Jeans and a T-Shirt and casual shoes.

The rugby guy was a former enforcer at 6'1 or 2 and about 220lbs, but Tszyu made him look like a girl...clocked him big time with a jab/right cross/left hook combo...the whole thing took place in about 40 seconds before the rugby guy wanted no more of it...lol

If you want to search for it, The show is called 'The Footy Show' and the rugby guy's name is Mario Fenech.

ahahaha i remember that episode, awww i miss the footy show. i don't even know whats happening in the NRL anymore :(

how's the doggies doing? i know everyone hates them as much as they hate the roosters, but still...

Back