Koren Zombie

BloodKnight

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Didn't Chan Sung Jung win submission of the year last year (with that awesome twister) and fight of the year in '10?

I had the chance to meet him at the UFC Fan Expo in Toronto. I wish I had now. FML..

foty 2010, soty 2011, foty 2012

I rewatched his fights with Garcia(2nd one) and Poirier, he definitely deserved the awards he got for those two fights. I think his first fight with Garcia is overrated though. Still, the dude's an animal and he has improved a lot in a short period of time. We hear fighters say they would be more successful if they didn't focus on being so exciting but I think KZ has proven that to be the case after his loss to Roop and he didn't even have to sacrifice excitement.

Didn't Chan Sung Jung win submission of the year last year (with that awesome twister) and fight of the year in '10?

Its Korean not Koren.... also ya he won the sub of the year with twister in 2011 and got sub of the year with the Darces Choke from ESPN for 2012. Also got a fight of the year from mmafighting with poirier.

I rewatched his fights with Garcia(2nd one) and Poirier, he definitely deserved the awards he got for those two fights. I think his first fight with Garcia is overrated though. Still, the dude's an animal and he has improved a lot in a short period of time. We hear fighters say they would be more successful if they didn't focus on being so exciting but I think KZ has proven that to be the case after his loss to Roop and he didn't even have to sacrifice excitement.

Thats why KZ is now my absolute fav ever since Fedor. The dude is just fuckin born exciting

KZ threads are as obvious as Akiyama threads. They're perrenial studs, we get it.

Thats why KZ is now my absolute fav ever since Fedor. The dude is just fuckin born exciting

He really is. His flying knees are sick and his transitions on the ground are lightning quick.

korean-zombie-chan.gif

Favorite part of the fight:

6.gif

Come on man......that was a legendary scrap.

Haven't seen it in awhile but I wasn't all too impressed. I enjoyed many other fights from 2010 more. Fights like Edgar vs Penn2, Diaz vs Davis, Lauzon vs Rudegar, G-Sot vs Stevenson, and Silva vs Sonnen were much, much better IMO.

Check the sig brohan

KZ is the future GOAT.

Haven't seen it in awhile but I wasn't all too impressed. I enjoyed many other fights from 2010 more. Fights like Edgar vs Penn2, Diaz vs Davis, Lauzon vs Rudegar, G-Sot vs Stevenson, and Silva vs Sonnen were much, much better IMO.

Glad you weren't in control of the voting that year.

These were brutal one-sided beatings. That might be what fits your requirement for great fighting but personally, I want a competition.

KZ is the future GOAT.

I love KZ, but even in his own division he's not the best. Aldo smashes him. But when Aldo smashes Edgar and goes 155, I'd love to see KZ/Edgar. I think KZ could really be a VERY long reigning champ at 145, if he can beat Edgar.

Back