Kobe Bryant, UFC Investor

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2017%20Kobe%20Bryant%20Dana%20White%20Body%20Armor%20Hero.jpg

Kobe Bryant wasn't just a UFC fan -- he was a big investor -- and got a huge distribution check from the company just days before he passed away ... so says Dana White.

The NBA legend was famous for his business savvy off the court -- and White says part of Kobe's portfolio was an ownership stake in UFC and Body Armour, the official energy drink of the UFC.

White tells TMZ Sports ... that 2019 was the most successful year in UFC history which resulted in massive payouts for all of the investors.

"Kobe got a distribution from the UFC the Wednesday before the incident and he was so pumped up and excited. He said what everybody always says, 'I wish I had invested more!'"

White says he'll remember Kobe as a great dude and an important part of the UFC fabric -- and tells us the organization plans to honor Kobe on Saturday at UFC 247 in Houston.

869543418.jpg.jpg

-TMZ.com

Yea I recall him being an investor. I also remember ufc had him talk to the fighters at that retarded athlete retreat or whatever the fuck they called it

Maybe Conor can buy his shares now and finally become a partner like he wanted.

Kobe was a very special athlete, a rare breed. After five minutes of listening to him you could tell he was different. Truly Intelligent, despite leaving education to join the NBA at 18. I think he would've ended up as a Senator, he died way too young.

Whenever I'm reminded of his passing, it makes me sad. RIP Kobe & Gianna Byrant.

I wish i had invested more into Bitcoin and skype, WWE etc.

<Fedor23>

Kobe was a very intelligent businessman, and person. The man was fluent in multiple languages, and even won an Oscar. No doubt he had a Sherdog account (Dude was 6'6" so it makes sense)

Yea I recall him being an investor. I also remember ufc had him talk to the fighters at that retarded athlete retreat or whatever the fuck they called it

dayum, just remembered that
And I also remember that it was a fuckin disaster that led to it never happening again

White says he'll remember Kobe as a great dude and an important part of the UFC fabric -- and tells us the organization plans to honor Kobe on Saturday at UFC 247 in Houston.
-TMZ.com

Reebok wouldn't let Reyes wear a Kobe jersey during fight week...

Kobe was also executive producer for a show called DETAIL with Daniel Cormier. He picked Cormier to be the man and face of the show it’s fairly recent.

Kobe was a ONE OF A KIND INDIVIDUAL.
MAMBA MENTALITY.

he would’ve been the best in any craft he so chose.

RIP to one of the TOP 10 GREATEST OVERALL ATHLETES FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS.

A GLOBAL ICON and legend forever.
He’s impacted American culture permanently and also the world.

So he was part of the investor group making money off underpaying fighters and Dana is now using this for promo? cool -_-

RIP nonetheless but this is yawn.

Never let a good opportunity to pump your investment go to waste right Dana?

KOBE funded the Reebok 50% off coupons, definitely a GOAT contender

Yup, the Moose talked about this. Kobe told the fighters to learn to invest and whatnot and he was like this is easy for a guy to say who is worth hundreds of millions and there are guys who earn 8k.

Kobe deserved the recognition from Dana/UFC

Just as any other invested/backer would

Back