Knowingly breaking your opponents limbs really bad

Duh. Hold your sub until the ref stops you. Same goes for KOs and TKOs.

Won't happen. We've seen Conor in subs before. He taps quickly.

agreed. the true snap was when Sylvia tried to pull out of it and only made it halfway, mid-crank. and that was Mir putting 230lbs onto hold that is, frankly, ended up in the wrong place.

i hate to use the word 'fluke' because it creates so much defensiveness around here....but that was a pretty unlikely and obscure situation that will rarely if ever repeat.

but if Khabib pulls an Aoki on Connor's ass...

well, them's the breaks.

Is there more Shinya breakdowns like the one in the end of the video

Would it be a dick move if Khabib broke one of Conor's limbs without giving him the time to tap out? It would be perfectly lawful to do so, but that does not mean he has to. Many MMA fighters get the chance to break their opponents limbs pretty often, but don't do it because its not a matter of life and death and its a possible career ender. But as we have all seen, Conor was saying some pretty nasty stuff during the press conference. This could have been the last push Khabib needed to really hurt him.

I am not a fan of Conor and his obnoxious persona, but I really do not wish this for him. Shinya Aoki breaking Mizuto Hirota's arm still gives me the chills. What are your thoughts?

Hirota could of tapped tho but chose not to. It’s more like when Aoki did this
hKTkQY2.gif

• Steve Cantwell did it when his opponent refused to tap. opponent's fault.
  • Mir pulls so hard after sinking subs so fast that his opponents don't have time to tap. no one's fault.
  • Palhares let's go well after the tap. not OK.
i guess you're asking if Khabib will pull a Mir. i would argue he cannot. his strength will be closer to Cantwells.

but ya, if he sinks it and cranks and it breaks before a tap or a ref involvement....no one's fault, that's the game, and only the worst Conor fans (e.g. most of them) would claim he did anything wrong.
Eh, both Sylvia and Nog had chances to tap. He even had to re-position part way through for both. Nog knew as soon as mir got his leg over his head to post on it for torque on the kimura he was finished. Palhares, well. I'd 100% never accept a fight with him if I was a fighter offered him.

Frank Shamrock has said that in one of his earlier fights he put an opponent in a sub but didn't want to hurt him so he didn't yank on it and ended up losing the position and the fight.

After that it was "tap or snap" mentality.

When Shamrock tapped to Gracie, the ref didn't see it, and luckily, Shamrock told the ref that he tapped - this changed Royce who used to hold people, and he became a lot more aggressive in his submissions and in his execution.

Of course there are some legit feuds and some sincere animosity...but generally speaking, even when there is serious bad blood I don't think these guys want to do permanent damage.

You do have a point though with he "anymore" part. Things are changing and there seems to be more and more fighters that lack the mentality of the honorable warrior, one who respects a worthy foe.

I kind of think of it like gangsters. Back in the old days there were unwritten rules of respectful warfare. You didn't hit your opponents family. You didn't shoot up funerals. And you didn't torture when it wasn't necessary. It was like a MAD situation. With the idea being "If I do this shit to you, you're gonna do it back to me. So lets just not fucking do it"...nowadays these ghetto fucks will shoot your children, blast up a funeral and do any vile degenerate thing they can to earn "street cred". Just a bunch of FAS/crack babies with no concept of cause & effect.

Because the new generation is generally unemphatic and antisocial misanthrope sociopaths.

If he doesn't want to tap, it's on him at that point.
I don't foresee any flash armbars coming out of that fight.

I wouldn’t be surprised, motherfucker. It’d be shitty but I think would also skyrocket Khabib’s popularity

Maia fucked up some dude so bad before the big leagues, the dude was screaming in pain

Back