Know anyone with different personalities?

P

Pugilistic

The pathological liar thread for some reason reminded me of this guy I know with seemingly two personalities and thought I'd make a thread on people like this.

A guy I met last year was one of the nicest and friendliest people I've met. Dude was smiled a lot, spoke very properly (never cussed or used slang) and sweet to the point I thought he was gay. I wasn't close to him but I always thought positively of him.

Then one day I run into him at night at a bar and dude grabs me and starts talking about how he's gonna get pussy. It surprised me because I never seen him speak like that and he was really aggressive about how he had to tell me that he was getting laid. I just assumed he was drunk and brushed it off, but every time I ran into him at night after that, I saw him getting drunk and for some reason talking shit to women and making them cry. Even when he wasn't talking shit, I just found him to be an unpleasant person to be around. Every time I saw him during the day, he was back to being super friendly and warm. Total switch in personality.

The last time I saw him he was trying to piggyback off me and my friend while we were trying to talk to girls. He would get pissy at me for not introducing him to girls and criticized my game the whole time when I and the other guy were the ones actually approaching them. And he wasn't even invited to hang out with us but ran into me and decided that he was going to tag along. Probably the most drastic disparity in personality I've dealt with. I don't contact him and I'm sure if I hung around him long enough, I'd get in a fight.

The worst person I've heard about is my current girlfriend's mother, whom I've never met (she died long before I met my girlfriend). The woman had legit psychological issues and my girl has some batshit crazy stories about her.

look, kind sir, the mentally ill must be coddled and looked after by society.

oh fuck that, i will fucking kill them and fart on top of them. arrrhrhrhhadflfhkaljkdfhdasfh

Sounds like he can't handle his booze. Simple as that. Booze drags out all of his sexual frustrations and he can't put on a nice-guy act anymore.

Some people change a lot when they drink. Most of them probably shouldn't.

Some people change a lot when they drink. Most of them probably shouldn't.

He didn't seem that drunk in some of the instances. But either way, I don't like people who are completely different people when they drink. I'm pretty much the same, just less coordinated.

Alcohol can do that to a person.

My uncle is one of the nicest guy, pleasant to hang around with, friendly and generous to a fault. But alcohol ruined his life, he turns into a giant asshole when he drinks. Now he is divorced and work just enough and needs support from my grandmother.

I have two different personalities. Its actualy an alternate ego and its a women. I have a different name aswell and I wear nice dresses.

I am the one.

The guy is doing his thing. And his thang will be done.

He didn't seem that drunk in some of the instances. But either way, I don't like people who are completely different people when they drink. I'm pretty much the same, just less coordinated.

Sometimes it doesn't take much. It goes the other way too though. My wife had a classmate who had been jumped during a night out and beaten badly. When he was sober, he was quiet and shy. When he was drunk, he came out of his shell, was loud and outgoing. Completely different, but still a nice guy, maybe even more likeable.

Cognitive dissonance can be a bitch. Drinking often opens the flood gates for one side or the other. My guess is the guy is a nice person but struggles with how society, in general, takes advantage of nice people. He probably views himself as a victim, to some degree. When he drinks, his will to battle his dissonance crumbles and he ends up too far to the other side; the not nice side (the side he represses when sober).

An old dealer and friend of mine is a totally nice guy but when he's taken and drunk too much he can just totally flip. Once stuck a gun through the window of a random carand screamed at them because he thought the occupants were dissing him, some girl had just been hanging out the window cheering. He's always totally one way or the other.

Cognitive dissonance can be a bitch. Drinking often opens the flood gates for one side or the other. My guess is the guy is a nice person but struggles with how society, in general, takes advantage of nice people. He probably views himself as a victim, to some degree. When he drinks, his will to battle his dissonance crumbles and he ends up too far to the other side; the not nice side (the side he represses when sober).

Cognitive dissonance would, in my understanding, be holding two mutually exclusive facts to be true. This is just straight repression and anger at not getting the proper respect. Definitely victim complex tho.

The pathological liar thread for some reason reminded me of this guy I know with seemingly two personalities and thought I'd make a thread on people like this.

A guy I met last year was one of the nicest and friendliest people I've met. Dude was smiled a lot, spoke very properly (never cussed or used slang) and sweet to the point I thought he was gay. I wasn't close to him but I always thought positively of him.

Then one day I run into him at night at a bar and dude grabs me and starts talking about how he's gonna get pussy. It surprised me because I never seen him speak like that and he was really aggressive about how he had to tell me that he was getting laid. I just assumed he was drunk and brushed it off, but every time I ran into him at night after that, I saw him getting drunk and for some reason talking shit to women and making them cry. Even when he wasn't talking shit, I just found him to be an unpleasant person to be around. Every time I saw him during the day, he was back to being super friendly and warm. Total switch in personality.

The last time I saw him he was trying to piggyback off me and my friend while we were trying to talk to girls. He would get pissy at me for not introducing him to girls and criticized my game the whole time when I and the other guy were the ones actually approaching them. And he wasn't even invited to hang out with us but ran into me and decided that he was going to tag along. Probably the most drastic disparity in personality I've dealt with. I don't contact him and I'm sure if I hung around him long enough, I'd get in a fight.

The worst person I've heard about is my current girlfriend's mother, whom I've never met (she died long before I met my girlfriend). The woman had legit psychological issues and my girl has some batshit crazy stories about her.

Just Let Him Bang Bro.

Cognitive dissonance would, in my understanding, be holding two mutually exclusive facts to be true. This is just straight repression and anger at not getting the proper respect. Definitely victim complex tho.

CD is just holding conflicting attitudes, behaviors, or beliefs, simultaneously. It's a state of confusion wherein truth has yet to be determined.

In this case, the guy may be conflicted about how to carry himself in a social setting. I'm willing to bet he struggles with regulating his compulsions to be caring and kind, in a society that often demotes such behaviors.

"Nice guys finish last."

Think about the implications of the above saying alone, and how that could lead to a kind person experiencing CD daily.

CD is just holding conflicting attitudes, behaviors, or beliefs, simultaneously. It's a state of confusion wherein truth has yet to be determined.

In this case, the guy may be conflicted about how to carry himself in a social setting. I'm willing to bet he struggles with regulating his compulsions to be caring and kind, in a society that often demotes such behaviors.

"Nice guys finish last."

Think about the implications of the above saying alone, and how that could lead to a kind person experiencing CD daily.

Sure, so like wanting to forcefully establish dominance but wanting to appear as a nice person. I agree.

Twice now in as many days I've admitted someone being right on the Internet. I can only assume I've become enlightened or some shit.

Sure, so like wanting to forcefully establish dominance but wanting to appear as a nice person. I agree.

Twice now in as many days I've admitted someone being right on the Internet. I can only assume I've become enlightened or some shit.

Lol. Well, I still could be completely wrong in my assessment. I'm glad I was able to effectively present my viewpoint, though. Your receptiveness is appreciated. Thank you.

As far as CD, it can be extremely stressful for an individual. It's basically a perpetual seesaw of thoughts, each vying to establish its dominance. It can literally feel as though you're, internally, two different people, fighting each other.

Back