• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

knock knock...who's there? George Zimmerman (play-by-play) with link to live trial

That joke came out better than I expected.

That joke came out better than I expected.

Really? I cringed. Especially when the lawyer had to tell the courtroom that it was funny, that's usually a sign that your joke bombed. GZ doesn't stand a chance, he's going straight to the slammer.

Okay, changing my prediction to guilty on all counts.

I'm hard pressed to think of a worse way to start a defense opening statement.

Just wow.

Really? I cringed. Especially when the lawyer had to tell the courtroom that it was funny, that's usually a sign that your joke bombed. GZ doesn't stand a chance, he's going straight to the slammer.

I wasn't trying to imply that it was a good joke, just not as bad as I expected. I think his setup was pretty bad but the punchline better than expected.

Yeah that was pretty awful. The prosecutor came out throwing f-bombs, the defense counters with knock-knock jokes. And then, "but seriously folks, we got this murder trial to talk about". Things are off to a good start.

Okay, changing my prediction to guilty on all counts.

I'm hard pressed to think of a worse way to start a defense opening statement.

Just wow.

This made me LOL.

Dear Mr. West,

However it happened, a person DIED. Maybe try a more serious tone.

I wasn't trying to imply that it was a good joke, just not as bad as I expected. I think his setup was pretty bad but the punchline better than expected.

It was pretty bad, man. First off, he had to reply "who's there?" which is a huge knock knock joke no-no. If the audience doesn't give you a "who's there?" then abort. Also, he had to tell the courtroom it was funny which was the most cringe worthy part.

I bet the joke sounded a lot better in his head and rehearsal.

He had to own it, describing it beforehand was terrible. If you're gonna go that route, you can't pussyfoot down the line and let people know you're shaking in your boots as you tell it.

Yikes.

What could the possible strategy be? Making light of the case doesn't help them, unless I'm missing something.

i cringed, that was just terrible. i don't think any jury on a murder trial would think jokes are okay. and i don't even see the point of the joke. of course they want people who don't know zimmerman. just as the defense want people don't know zimmerman. that's the point.

just really an odd thing to do.

the DA also did very well in mentioning martin didn't have blood on his hands. that's very telling. how could he have been beating the shit out of zimmerman and even covering his mouth, without getting blood on his hands? zimmerman's nose was bleeding. so it's impossible martin was covering his mouth and nose and didn't get any blood on his hands. the punch to the nose was the first punch.

anyone have a plausible theory on this? even cmart.

it took me awhile, but I got it. I didn't laugh.

It was pretty bad, man. First off, he had to reply "who's there?" which is a huge knock knock joke no-no. If the audience doesn't give you a "who's there?" then abort. Also, he had to tell the courtroom it was funny which was the most cringe worthy part.

I bet the joke sounded a lot better in his head and rehearsal.

He had to own it, describing it beforehand was terrible. If you're gonna go that route, you can't pussyfoot down the line and let people know you're shaking in your boots as you tell it.

I guess I was expecting a 0 out of 10, and he gave it a .25 out of 10. Terrible but better than expected. I'm sure that sounded a lot better in his head. Fact of the matter I haven't heard a good knock knock joke in forever, if ever.

I guess I was expecting a 0 out of 10, and he gave it a .25 out of 10. Terrible but better than expected. I'm sure that sounded a lot better in his head. Fact of the matter I haven't heard a good knock knock joke in forever, if ever.

lol that's true.

It just seemed like a very insecure way to open your statements.

I really think GZ is guilty and deserves to go to prison, however, I want him to go to prison because he is guilty, not because he was burned down by his own lawyers.

it took me awhile, but I got it. I didn't laugh.

Even if they hired Chris Rock to get a laugh, what's the point? Why would the defense open up with a joke?

If I were on the jury, I'd perceive that very poorly. Obviously it should change anyone's views, but I thought it helps to be a like able attorney.

i cringed, that was just terrible. i don't think any jury on a murder trial would think jokes are okay. and i don't even see the point of the joke. of course they want people who don't know zimmerman. just as the defense want people don't know zimmerman. that's the point.

just really an odd thing to do.

the DA also did very well in mentioning martin didn't have blood on his hands. that's very telling. how could he have been beating the shit out of zimmerman and even covering his mouth, without getting blood on his hands? zimmerman's nose was bleeding. so it's impossible martin was covering his mouth and nose and didn't get any blood on his hands. the punch to the nose was the first punch.

anyone have a plausible theory on this? even cmart.

That's another inconsistency in the story the defense is going to have to deal with. I have no idea how that can be possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back