knife fighting ; SOG or K-bar?

31stMEUSOC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I like the weight of the SOG but the K-bar feels better in my hand.

i like k-bar better myself. but if your serious about carrying a knife have one custom made for like 400 bucks. it will honestly be the best knife you've ever held if you go to a good blacksmith. i did it and its soo ill.

i like k-bar better myself. but if your serious about carrying a knife have one custom made for like 400 bucks. it will honestly be the best knife you've ever held if you go to a good blacksmith. i did it and its soo ill.

I never really thought about that. But I will look that up. I used a K-bar for about 6 years, but this SEAL I met in Iraq told me the SOG is far superior. It doesent look as extreme as the k-bar but its really heavy and balancrd, also about 3x the price.

For a knife fight I would think the MK23 or SIG P226 would be best :icon_chee

Really it is up to your personal preference.

Kabar is cheap and easy to obtain, its been proven over time that the kabar is an awesome weapon, and u say its more comfortable in your hand. Pick the kabar, since its cheaper and more comfortable although i too have heard the SOG was a superior weapon. I guess in the end its up to how much u train with the chosen knife.

what about a SOG in one hand and a Kbar in the other and a eskrima machete in your mouth. that would be gangster.

the only thing I've ever taken into the field with me is a Kabar if I was still in I'd seriously think about getting a kukri actaully probaly getting one soon for the heck of it

any of u guys have experience with them?

naw I've made up my mine I'm getting one hand forged from Nepal including shiping and handling its about 65 buvcks not back at all for a American. The Nepalese are probaqly laughing all the way to whereever they buy the 20 yaks that will problay buy them so everyones happy

When you say knife fighting, do you mean fighting someone face to face in a formal duel, sneaking up on someone and assassinating them or defending yourself from attack?

he's refering to what would be better in the field. i.e. which one to take out in a military patrol although being a tank crewman my kabar was used more for opening MREs than anything else

Go with somthing cheap and excessable somthing you can throw in the river and they can't trace it back to you. once you pull it the fights over in seconds and if you do it right and fast they never see it coming:icon_twis

I have a sog seal and a couple kabars... The kabar feels better and looks tougher but I think if i had to grab one when the shit hit the fan I would grab the camo seal pup just for the lower weight and better thrusting point.

Back