knee sleeve help

Mat Hamm

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I used the search, and every thread I looked into, everyone was talking about knee sleeves for knee support and wrestling knepads. I'm trying to find a thin knee sleeve for no gi just for friction when I grapple. I've used some different wrestling knee sleeves and they tend to slide down alot. Anyone have any sugestions? And btw does anyone know what kind tim sylvia uses? They look pretty thin. Thanks!

I have got some Nike open patella knee sleeves and they stay in place very well.

I have the walmart stretchy pants, they're pretty cheap and and they stay in place because... well they're pants, they're not just gonna slide off.

I guess i'll just have to shop around. Lol I've considered grappling pants. Idk I'm just comfortable in my shorts

Well I wear shorts over the pants, wearing just the pants would look silly now wouldn't it?
It's not so bad, I get 4 layers going, compression shorts/ briefs, jockstrap, stretchy pants then shorts, I don't find it too hot or bulky at all.
But ya if you just want friction I would go with pants, if i remember correctly they were $13, well worth it in my opinion.

Baurfien (Baurfiend?) make very expensive albeit very high quality knee sleeves, but the technology may not be exclusive.

There's cloth knee sleeves/pads that are apparently less prone to slipping than neoprene. I couldn't find them in my size but I almost bought a pair of Nike volleyball knee pads. You might want to see if there's any other specialized knee pads that can be worked into BJJ.

Well, just google it then.
The Nike sleeve is available in open and closed patella versions. But you want knee sleeves or knee pads? Your thread title mentions sleeves but you mention pads. They are not the same thing.

if you want just like the cloth ones nogi makes a pair of knee sleeves and a pair of ankle sleeves i guess theyre called? haha at nogi.com...otherwise what i just did i had the mcdavid neoprene one but its a lil hot so i went to walgreens or walmart or kroger or cub foods (dunno if you guys have all those around you haha) but anyway if you go to where the vitamins n shit are they have ankle n back braces n stuff i got a cheap white cloth one that i use now,real light i like it alot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back