knee poppage?

[Resurrect]
My knee also popped today; we were working back escapes.

Didn't hurt, but just now (about 4-5hrs later) the head of the fibula (the bony prominence on the outside-bottom of the knee) is really sore.

It doesn't feel like normal hyperextension joint pain (which I've gotten in my elbows) it feels more like a bruise, combined with some tightness in my knee.
I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Any thoughts experience? Thanks in advance!

Try getting it checked out. If it feels like it's locking, that could be a tear.

After months of training we just found out my 17 year old bro has a miniscus tear and has to get surgery.

I've got the same problems in my left knee, but worse, but with no insurance, what the fuck to do but work with it?

Just had my meniscus repaired. It is a longer recovery period than just having it snipped, but so worth it.

Definitely go to the doctor if you've got the insurance. Yeah, I was still training with the tear, but the knee was locking up, stiff, and cracking like bubble wrap.

I've had a grade 1 (most minor, I believe the scale goes up to 5, 5 being the worst) tear in my MCL and I couldn't walk and had to be on crutches for 3-4 weeks. So if you can walk, you're ok.

Had my knee popped at NAGA this past weekend in a heel hook, hurts, but I can still walk.

i hate how expensive going to the doctor is. im one step away from declaring bankruptcy.

Looks like I'm going to stick to drilling for the next 2-3 weeks. Good news is I just got back from swimming (seems like the lowest impact workout) -- so improved cardio here I come =)

They think it's just 'like' illio-tibial band syndrom, but from an acute cause... Apparently my knee cap may be tilted, but probably just form underlying swelling.

It feels mostly sturdy so I'm not worried.
Thanks for the comments; good luck to everyone else getting better! (I got away pretty gently.)

No, not a problem at all (Shouldn't be, at least). I pop my knee all the time (I.e. the same way you pop your knuckles, neck) and it actually feels pretty good. But it depends on how the leg turned/bended

Back