Media Klose suffered concussion and whiplash according to CT scan

I'm sorry that was an incredibly harmless looking shove considering the apparent damage it caused.

Yes, if that shove caused that much damage I would genuinely hate to see what a right hand from Stephens would do
This would make sense if he's never fought before but he has. Though it's likely he had some kinda injury or something heading into the fight and this gave him the excuse to pull out. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since what happened initially wasn't on him but Stephens.

This would make sense if he's never fought before but he has. Though it's likely he had some kinda injury or something heading into the fight and this gave him the excuse to pull out. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since what happened initially wasn't on him but Stephens.

He's never fought on a stage this significant against somebody who hits as hard as Stephens.

Of course it makes sense to be concerned about what could happen in the cage between those two..

I feel two ways about this,
1: If your gonna be a professional fighter and are complaining about a push, than this isn't the business for him. I understand he says it injured him, but what do you think was going to happen tomorrow? He’s trying to get out of this fight and everyone knows it. This was some lowlife shit on Klose.

2. Stephens was out of line. He’s a been a professional fighter for years and knows where the line is. You can’t put hands on your opponent before the fight, C’mon Jeremy that’s amateur child behavior. That was some lowlife shit on Stephens.

Both guys are dipshits for this and deserve the fire on both sides. The only people who lose are the fans.
Bottom line is it's dumb for Stephens or anyone who does dumb shit at weigh ins. If you hate your opponent, great, you're literally going to be paid to hurt him in 24 hours. That's why fucking around during weigh ins is so stupid. Now Stephens doesn't get paid and doesn't get to punch the guy who was pissing him off.

He's never fought on a stage this significant against somebody who hits as hard as Stephens.

Of course it makes sense to be concerned about what could happen in the cage between those two..
He is coming off a KO loss so who knows but the human body's weird. Little things at just the right angle and time can hurt you while much worse things don't. Shit happens.

Maybe time to move up so that you're not so dehydrated that a push takes you out. If that is taking you out then there is no way you're going to be in condition to fight 24hrs later.

And one guy was not wearing a mask to begin with - where the fuck are the officials. No problem putting on fights during a pandemic and pushing for crowds but problems having fighters follow protocols and having someone standing between them.

Stephens should be fined and cut. He must have a tiny, tiny dick, because these pre-fight tough guy antics of his aren't reflected in the octagon where he's objectively one of the biggest losers in the UFC.

I like how you just outed yourself as the type of individual who gets slapped around the locker room but always has an excuse.

Shut up nerd.
I'd shit on your chest, son. Learn something before speaking, boy. Take your mind out of the "just bleed" for two seconds. Do you know what a stinger is? Or you know you must have heard the phrase "It's the one you don't see.." used in the cage before right? That's cuz being relaxed or not expecting any attack means you're more loose and take the damage worse. If your neck isn't tense and you suddenly get shoved, it can damage your spine. This was explained IN THE POST you replied to, but you still couldn't wrap your mind around it. That's not hard to figure out for anyone high school or above, but I guess you're still shoving other kids around in your middle school.

1: If your gonna be a professional fighter and are complaining about a push, than this isn't the business for him. I understand he says it injured him, but what do you think was going to happen tomorrow? He’s trying to get out of this fight and everyone knows it. This was some lowlife shit on Klose.

2. Stephens was out of line. He’s a been a professional fighter for years and knows where the line is. You can’t put hands on your opponent before the fight, C’mon Jeremy that’s amateur child behavior. That was some lowlife shit on Stephens.

Both guys are dipshits for this and deserve the fire on both sides. The only people who lose are the fans.
Lol, you shouldn't be a pro athlete if you're not ok with just being randomly attacked at all times. Good catch, bro.

Jeremy's always been a little child. I've never been able to respect a fighter who has to make himself hate his opponents in order to fight. It's just mental weakness.

I'd shit on your chest, son. Learn something before speaking, boy. Take your mind out of the "just bleed" for two seconds. Do you know what a stinger is? Or you know you must have heard the phrase "It's the one you don't see.." used in the cage before right? That's cuz being relaxed or not expecting any attack means you're more loose and take the damage worse. If your neck isn't tense and you suddenly get shoved, it can damage your spine. This was explained IN THE POST you replied to, but you still couldn't wrap your mind around it. That's not hard to figure out for anyone high school or above, but I guess you're still shoving other kids around in your middle school.

Newsflash : If somebody physically shoves you, you're capable of being injured.

Update : I didn't disagree with the statement, I merely pointed out the shove didn't look particularly meliscious and that he seems like an individual who's prone to injury based on the footage I've seen. If a mere shove from "He didn't see coming" was enough to cause these injuries, can you imagine the damage a right hand to his temple he "didn't see coming" would've caused? Its really not that complex, you simply aren't a very intelligent individual and that's okay.

Go be a pseudo-intellectual elsewhere and perhaps lay off the booze a tad, outing yourself for having a shit fetish is rather embarrassing, even for Sherdog.

Wiplash is no fucking joke.

And anything with the spine....yeah you can count my ass out.

Stephens is a hot headed idiot. That shit might have been cool as a rookie but he’s a long time vet, grow the fuck up.

That push could have caused a whiplash effect for sure

This seems like bullshit to me, not sure why everyone is hating on Stephens. Yeah he's a douchebag and an idiot, but Klose is being just like Sterling or PTSD bus incident victims (Dolly) here.

Come on lol this is a fucking clown show.
I feel its plausible, but this sounds like a car insurance scam thing. I had a gf that use to work in the automotive industry and they would find some quack doctor that signed off on cervical damage. Its' quite common with car accident insurance scams.

Its very well possible that due to him being depleted it could have caused injury, but it does smell suspicious. I'm going to give klose the benefit of the doubt.. He wouldn't cut weight and do all that to skip a fight and a paycheck.

Well when you're dehydrated as fuck and get shoved out of nowhere, whiplash is not too strange of a result.
Yeah you can be a tough guy and go in with an injury directly cause by a cheap shot during the weigh ins, but if you end up losing, it means fuck-all and nobody will remember the circumstances.

Back