Kingdom - Series on Netflix (MMA)

I haven't seen it but does it have anything to do with a down and out person(s) who must turn to the underground MMA fight scene (or the local fight circuit) in order to :

1. Make ends meet for him/her and his/her family
2. Earn money for an operation to save the life of a child
3. Get revenge for something that was done to them or a friend

It's just a wild guess.

Nick Jonas as a gay mma fighter was an interesting choice for him.

I haven't seen it but does it have anything to do with a down and out person(s) who must turn to the underground MMA fight scene (or the local fight circuit) in order to :

It's just a wild guess.

Nope. Its about the sons of a former MMA legend. It's pretty good. The older son is a great actor.

Didn't know it was on Netflix, wasn't bad when it when it first came out. Started out slow and it kicked up over time.

The good part is, its not a show about MMA; Its about white trash people who make poor life decisions and MMA revolves around them. The older rich gay sub-plot with Nate was odd, it came on, then just disappeared, I still don't even get why it was thrown in.

It's just a wild guess.
#1 and 3 are elements thrown in

Last edited:
I thought kingdom was about China? Edit: korea

Last edited:
Great show. It kind of fell underneath the radar as it was a Direct TV exclusive show. I watched it as it came out, but would have to weight a day or two in order to find it on one of those gangster 3rd party streaming websites. I think it would have got a lot more attention if it would have been on Netflix, or on a major network.

I’m deep into season 1 and I’m enjoying it. There are no good guys though.
You don’t think Nate is a good guy? I think jay is too, but I can see how you would think that in season 1

Last edited:

It's just a wild guess.

Nope. Actually it did a really good job of avoiding all those silly cliches that are the plot of every straight to DVD MMA movie. They did an excellent job of portraying what things are like on the regional/smaller organization circuit.

I'm toward the middle of season three now & I'm pissed that it's going to end because I've become so invested in the characters & their situations. I'd love it if it becomes a cult hit on Netflix & they bring it back but I realize that it's highly unlikely. Grillo is busy with his movie career, I'm sure Jonas is involved in other projects & Jonathan Tucker is doing a series called DEBRIS now which is sort of a latter-day take on THE X-FILES. So, KINGDOM coming back in any form is just a pipe dream.

Nope. Actually it did a really good job of avoiding all those silly cliches that are the plot of every straight to DVD MMA movie. They did an excellent job of portraying what things are like on the regional/smaller organization circuit.

Nice!! I was worried b/c it seems every MMA movie follows that exact same formula. I may check this series out!

I'm toward the middle of season three now & I'm pissed that it's going to end because I've become so invested in the characters & their situations. I'd love it if it becomes a cult hit on Netflix & they bring it back but I realize that it's highly unlikely. Grillo is busy with his movie career, I'm sure Jonas is involved in other projects & Jonathan Tucker is doing a series called DEBRIS now which is sort of a latter-day take on THE X-FILES. So, KINGDOM coming back in any form is just a pipe dream.

I was pissed when this ended too. When it was originally airing they would take a little over a year in between seasons as well and I wasn't even aware that they were planning on cancelling the show.

There was a boxing drama that aired on FX called Lights Out that I remember liking too that kind of flew under the radar. It only aired for one season. I honestly don't remember much about the show but I remember really liking it. I'm a sucker for Boxing movies though so I could be a little bias.

Stacy Keach is the trainer and the dude who plays agent Bill Tench from Mindhunter is the boxer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1379690/
v1.dDsyMDE5ODg7ajsxODI3MjsxMjAwOzc2ODsxMDI0

Yeah, once I realized it was canceled it was a bummer. I thought the show really hit its stride at the beginning of season three and the end of season two. There were so many places for them to take this show. I was hoping Netflix, Prime or some streaming service was going to throw money into it for another season or two.

I was pissed when this ended too. When it was originally airing they would take a little over a year in between seasons as well and I wasn't even aware that they were planning on cancelling the show.

There was a boxing drama that aired on FX called Lights Out that I remember liking too that kind of flew under the radar. It only aired for one season. I honestly don't remember much about the show but I remember really liking it. I'm a sucker for Boxing movies though so I could be a little bias.

Stacy Keach is the trainer and the dude who plays agent Bill Tench from Mindhunter is the boxer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1379690/
v1.dDsyMDE5ODg7ajsxODI3MjsxMjAwOzc2ODsxMDI0

Shit man. I really enjoyed this show too.

Every MMA movie gets the gym wrong. They always portray it more like a boxing gym than an MMA gym. It doesn’t bother me, just one of those things.

Back