King Shin Guards?

erndog

White Belt
Reaction score
ANyone ever try the KING shin guards? They look nice and think of buyin em just hoping someone might have tried em.

I seriously recommend them. I was going to get the twins tournament pro ones and John at fightstuff recommended the King ones said they were the best on the market. When they came through the post i was very impressed.

There's a thread here comparing King, Boon and Raja shinguards. I'm pretty sure you can find it quickly enough with a search.

Because I didn't want to ruin the guys thread, which is a comparison with tons of questions about 1 individual shin pad.

Found this video:
YouTube - King Professional Shin Guards

I am still thinking they look a bit bulky and I am not sure about the whole foot being covered as opposed to the instep... tempted to go for the fairtex SP3's still :p

Sucks there is no where within 100 miles of me I can go try them on :(

white ones are sexy

YouTube - King Professional Shin Guards

wud match well with my white kings gloves

Yep white ones are sexy indeed

This is going to be my next purchase
icon_cheesygreen.gif

-Jim

I've got the King Professional Shin Guards. They're great end really heavy duty (and real leather) , but if you want to use them for MMA you might want to consider getting a less bulky pair since these are quite big...

If you've got any more questions just let me know...

How do they fit? Do they stay on well during intense sparring? I spar a lot and I really like the kings look but I want something that will stand the test of time and A LOT of training....what do you think?

are the kings heavier then the other brands? or the same? im 72 kg 5 9 1/2 will medium fit me or should i go large?

There's no way King intended on them covering the whole foot instead of just the instep, is there? Is it possible that the person in the video is wearing a pair too big for him?

are the kings heavier then the other brands? or the same? im 72 kg 5 9 1/2 will medium fit me or should i go large?

King are quite a light shin pad. Below are some sizing that might help you out

Fairtex
S

There's no way King intended on them covering the whole foot instead of just the instep, is there? Is it possible that the person in the video is wearing a pair too big for him?

I dunno man... there are people at my gym that like their shin guards to cover their entire foot too. I don't... but some do.

I dunno man... there are people at my gym that like their shin guards to cover their entire foot too. I don't... but some do.

i like it to cover to avoid cuts and scratches-- and accidental knees/elbows

only half way down the toes --

I am 6'3 and got the large. Seems a little small in length compared to pictures but still taller than most guards. I wanted it that way casue it seems like if delivering knees with really tall guards on the top would be making the strike. I also wanted to make sure they were good and tight. Anyone have any feedback on quality and durability between the leather and synthetic? I noticed fairtex pro is also synthetic material.

whats the king front flipper like ? does it get annoying covering the whole foot? and toes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back