King Mo and Michael Chandler won.

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was personally rooting for Willie and thought he was winning the last RD up until he got dropped that totally swung things into his favor IMO. I just don't see how he'd be considered the winner of that RD. I think most people agree that Chandler won RD's 1 & 2 and Willie won RD's 3 & 4. So that last RD was the deciding RD and I just don't see how one could say Willie won it.

Moving on to the Rampage fight I think most would say it was clear who won RD 1 (King Mo) and RD 2 (Rampage). I just don't see how Rampage won RD 3. He didn't even think he won it, now I know that in itself isn't proof but it's worth mentioning at least I believe.

I know people hate the fact that 3 or so minutes of lay n pray can negate serious damage inflicted by another fighter, however, in RD 3 Rampage didn't land anything of note and King Mo had Rampage on his back for a significant percentage of the RD. Yes I know King Mo's GNP was weak and few and far between however, that doesn't negate the fact Rampage didn't do anything of note in RD 3 aside landing a few punches.

I chose to watch Marquez instead of Chandler and haven't seen the fight, but having Rampage win that fight seems absurd. I mean, realistically, it was a shit fight with not much at all happening, but Mo, at least, won 2 out of 3, and 3 of 3 can easily be argued.

I was happy to see stalling wasn't rewarded in both fights. Good judging, just not what I'm used to.

I agree Rampage lost.

I disagree that Chanlder won. Will dominated round 3, it could easily have been 10-8. Nothing wrong with scoring the last round for Will or a draw. These kinds of rounds are always tricky to score in MMA but Will was soundly winning that round by landing much better strikes and dat suplex. Chandler dropped him in the final frame but I don't think Will was really that close to being finished. The arm triangle was never really threatening either. By the time Chandler passed to one side Will was already free.

Rampage was winning the striking, king mo was winning the stalling.

Judges chose to reward the guy who came to fight.

Good call by the judges

Back