Kind of shocking Conor didn't mention Khabib post fight? Getting cold feet?

lizardpeople

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No mention of Khabib after the fight. Conor has also said he wanted to fight Usman. Personally I don't think he has any intention of getting in their with any fighters who dominate with wrestling.

Imagine how fast Conor would be taken down again if this transpired.

Talk about any easy double leg. Khabib would have probably slam KO'ed him.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

He said something about not be "there yet" I guess he was talking about his skills.

Khabib would just take him down in 15 seconds again and have his way with him.

giphy.gif

Conor lost all the snap in his punches after this. Khabib just makes people so exhausted when he gets his hands on them especially fighters with weak cardio.

I don't know how he ever stops the TD. Khabib has a granite chin and is very elusive so the chances of a lucky punch in the first 15 seconds go down even more.

Last edited:
Because he's not waiting 10 months for his next fight?

Don't hurt your brain too much by trying to think or anything

Conor 2.0 is not enough he needs to be at least Conor 6.2 to fight Khabib.

Didn't stop him from calling Khabib out when the Ferg fight was already signed before.

I think Dana and Conor had a little sit down and talked about a more realistic path for Conor.

Dana knows he'll never get Khabib to agree to a rematch so he's posturing for negotiation room.

Khabib feels Conor should beg him for the title shot.

Conor feels Khabib should beg him for the money fight.

Conor wants another fight first. He doesn't want to wait a year to get back in there

Dana wants Conor to wait but he'll probably fight Masvidal or Gaethje first

Khabib still has dangerous Tony to get past, then grant Conor the right to fight him again too

This, for sure...but I also think there is more to it.

IMHO, a huge reason is that Conor already has all the money he needs and his return is more motivated by 'legacy'.

While I'm sure he would like to avenge the Khabib loss, and that would indeed add to his legacy, I'm equally sure that he sees the WW belt as an even bigger prize, since no one has captured a belt in three divisions. This Cerrone fight was not merely 'two LWs choosing not to cut weight'...it was also more purposefully testing the waters at 170, given that the Nate fights were at 170 more out of convenience and not because Conor was really looking towards the title (he hadn't even fought at 155 yet).

At the moment, NO ONE seriously includes Conor is any "GOAT" discussion. Conor simply does not warrant mention alongside the likes of GSP, Jones, Silva, Fedor, etc...and it's not close. Champ in three divisions though? Context ('gifted path') would be swept aside and while (IMHO) it would still not yet be enough to put him atop any GOAT list, it would undeniably allow him to at least enter the discussions.

IMHO, it makes WAAAAY more sense for Conor to fight Masvidal (which is still a *massive* fight) and then demand a WW title shot with a win...worst case scenario, he loses and heads back to LW and resumes his quest to avenge the loss.

can you imagine sherdog if ferguson wins? it would be like an episode of black mirror.

too bad it wont happen.

Conor vs. Justin
Tony vs. Khabib

Winners for the title, please!!

The smartest thing for Conor to do is take 4 or 5 fights at LW and try get more ready before re matching Khabib. As he is now, Khabib would SMOKE him and Conor and all his fans know it.

Why would he wait for too long? If he's in a good shape, he should fight with anybody who's interested in sharing the Octagon with him.

I think he’s take it if Dana offered. The problem is timing.

Frankly I think he should just fight Gaetjhe on 248 if McGregor can turn around that fast. That will get him a win over the top contender, extra ring time, and set him up for a summer bout vs Khabib in Russia.

Then to close the year out he can fight Mas/WW champ.

I think that is best, but I think we’ll see him fight Mas instead.

Conors' image was about perception of influence. People used to percieve that he could just point to someone and he would get a fight with them. People still keep claiming that they should even be grateful for the "red panty night". The whole UFC seemed like his playground. Then he hit a guy who didn't just play along. Suddenly he doesn't seem so influential anymore. If he keeps calling him out and not getting the fight he seems even weaker. He loses face. To avoid looking even weaker just stop calling out things that won't happen and focus on things that will.

It would def be smart for him to take another fight first. 40 seconds isnt enough to know if hes really ready for Khabib,and if he wins another fight at 170 im tellin you he might try to get that fight at 170. The 155 belt isnt as valuable as the win over khabib. He already had that belt and prob has no plans to defend it if he would win it again anyway

He’s over the khabib beatdown. He has bigger fish to fry, gunning for cm punk next.

Take a fight with someone who will show up and give him a fight.

Back