Kind of a bad game plan by Robbie imo.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I would have mixed in some early takedown attempts just to throw Woodley off. Even if u don't get em you make him guess. This is how Rory beat him. Give him the threat of the take down. Woodley faced him with no threat of the takedown. He was able to use his strengths in that first round because he's a beast. Look at him! Even though I picked Lawler to win. I hedged my bet and picked Tyron by TKO/KO in the 1st and 2nd rounds. So I broke even.

Lawler is great. But he faced Twood at his most strongest. No way that musclebound freak could make it in the deeper championship rounds.

Poor planning. Congrats to twood. I expect to see Robbie given a rematch since he did defend 3 times prior but maybe not. I think it's bad business to have to wait for Robbie to recover and do the rematch 6 months from now. I think they go Twood vs Wonderboy immediately. Twood is fresh. Not injured in the fight. Wonderboy is also fresh off victory. Wouldn't be surprised to see that fight happen in 2 months!!! I hope they go in that direction instead. Lawler should fight Condit again if Condit gets passed Maia.

He would get hit either way, the only possible way to not get hit is if he somehow start fighting like Condit and I doubt Lawler would ever do that.

Bad thing this fight don't show much about Woodley that we don't know. I would like to know if his cardio is better now and if analyzing fights made him a smart fighter, because he cleary wasn't if you look at his fights with Rory and others.

He would get hit either way, the only possible way to not get hit is if he somehow start fighting like Condit and I doubt Lawler would ever do that.

Bad thing this fight don't show much about Woodley that we don't know. I would like to know if his cardio is better now and if analyzing fights made him a smart fighter, because he cleary wasn't if you look at his fights with Rory and others.

Youre right. Lawler should have pulled a natural born runner move on twood. At least for the first 2 rounds. But that kind of style is just not in Robbies DNA.

What was his game plan? I just saw him stand there for 2 minutes and then get one shotted

Lawler didn't throw anything. Deserved to lose.

Youre right. Lawler should have pulled a natural born runner move on twood. At least for the first 2 rounds. But what kind of style is just not in Robbies DNA.

Imagine Lawler fighting like Condit did against him in the 5 round and against Nick.

Yes, it looks terrible.

Robbie just needed to move alot laterally and use the big edge he had in the overall standup skills/or/experience. Make woodley tired, make him think more. Instead he backed up and was a deer in the headlights.

Kinda makes me wonder whats hes been doing all these months, definitely didnt see much training or preperation in the new embeddeds

I agree. Getting knocked out was a terrible game plan. Stellar call, TS.

Back