Kimbo vs Dada5000 an embarrassment to MMA; Low point of the "sport"

BrainBar

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So...this is the low point of the sport in my opinion. This match has 2 street fighters (aka no grappling skills at all) who most boxers would say also have horrible striking skills.

It's a total embarrassment. Any legit BJJ purple belt or D1 wrestler would've beaten these clowns in Round 1. Any pro boxer would've knocked them both out.

They were gassed before Round 1 ended. Kimbo GAVE UP mount. And gave up side mount...just let the guy up. He got a "sweep" once when it looked like Dada 5000 had the jiujitsu belt of a 0 stripe white belt.

How does this happen????? The emphasis on wanting street style wild striking in fights has resulted in this.

Total joke. You could take a Golden Gloves boxer and match him with the purple belt winner of IBJJF.....and it would be a better fight than this shit.

What's next....winner of this fights CM Punk?

Kimbo--Alexander and Starnes--Quarry have been topped!

It may be a "low point," but based on the ratings, it seems to be what a sizable # of fans want to see. If we vote on what we want to see by tuning in, then we voted "Yes!!!!!"

So...this is the low point of the sport in my opinion. This match has 2 street fighters (aka no grappling skills at all) who most boxers would say also have horrible striking skills.

It's a total embarrassment. Any legit BJJ purple belt or D1 wrestler would've beaten these clowns in Round 1. Any pro boxer would've knocked them both out.

They were gassed before Round 1 ended. Kimbo GAVE UP mount. And gave up side mount...just let the guy up. He got a "sweep" once when it looked like Dada 5000 had the jiujitsu belt of a 0 stripe white belt.

How does this happen????? The emphasis on wanting street style wild striking in fights has resulted in this.

Total joke. You could take a Golden Gloves boxer and match him with the purple belt winner of IBJJF.....and it would be a better fight than this shit.

What's next....winner of this fights CM Punk?

Kimbo suffered undiagnosed and severe concussions during the fight while Dada suffered renal faileure from a 40 lbs weight cut.

They still continued to the finish. That's called a warrior not a point fighter.

Freakshow fights have had common place in MMA since the start (remember Pride :S ) I don't realistically believe anyone expected Kimbo-Dada5k to be a technical fight, it was what it was, a spectacle. Sure it was a garbage fight, and Bellator is getting to prone to "freakshow" fights, but IMO the fight lived up to what everyone expected it to be

Butterbean went the distance with Larry Holmes throwing punches for 10 rounds. It really says something when Bean has far superior cardio than Kimbo and Dada. He would have beaten them both at the same time.

It may be a "low point," but based on the ratings, it seems to be what a sizable # of fans want to see. If we vote on what we want to see by tuning in, then we voted "Yes!!!!!"
I never understand you ratings whores. So do you actually endorse Bellator signing fighters who can't fight and almost die due to exhaustion? You realize the people watching are only doing so because they remember that street fighter dude from Youtube, right? They're not "fans."

I never understand you ratings whores. So do you actually endorse Bellator signing fighters who can't fight and almost die due to exhaustion? You realize the people watching are only doing so because they remember that street fighter dude from Youtube, right? They're not "fans."

Everyone on this forum (the hardcore fans) watched too, or immediately went to their computers the next day to watch highlights. I'm not a ratings whore, just a ratings realist. People say it sucked, it was stupid, it's a low point, and on and on and on. But how did they form said opinion? Because they watched. And as a result we showed Bellator that's what we like. Now maybe we just watched this once and it proved we hate it and won't watch it again. But something tells me the next Kimbo fight will be huge and everyone on here will watch it.

Freakshow fights have had common place in MMA since the start (remember Pride :S ) I don't realistically believe anyone expected Kimbo-Dada5k to be a technical fight, it was what it was, a spectacle. Sure it was a garbage fight, and Bellator is getting to prone to "freakshow" fights, but IMO the fight lived up to what everyone expected it to be

Exactly. If you tuned in thinking, "Alright I'll watch this, but I better see some good ground game and strong, defensive striking" that makes you...well...stupid. Now I actually don't think Sheedog is that dumb, so we all knew this fight would be a terrible slop fest. If you didn't want to watch a terrible slopfest, don't watch it because if too many people watch, it makes it look like we enjoy that and they'll do similar fights in the future. But guess what, you watched it (or the highlights) and you can't stop talking about it.

Here is the thing......People who frequent MMA websites and forums knew this was a joke. The problem is we aren't a large percentage of the viewership. So when blow joe tuned in he saw a shit show. He saw a slopfest of a fight and chances are thought he could beat either one of these guys. Probably thought more or less MMA is a joke on some level. There is no way in hell that show converted anyone into a fan of MMA.

So congrats you got ratings one night(which we all knew it would). Those people aren't sticking around based on that show and mainly how the two main events came off.

P.S.: The saddest thing is since UFC is such a strong brand that many of these people I'm sure thought they were watching the UFC. I had a friend who is a very casual fan and thought it was the UFC.

ANY evenly matched fight has the ability to entertain....Yes, they are not elite MMA fighters but, when 2 people have such hatred towards each other, the only way to settle it is to slug it out!.....Them making fools of themselves with there fists is way better than someone grabbing a weapon. Dada states that and I agree.

It seems like this fight settled their problem with one another AND the ratings were very high.

Not top notch MMA by far but, if Bellator announced Mike Tyson vs. Kurt Angle in 2016, neither would that be but I would DEFINITELY toon in to just see what might happen.

I like how Bellator is not afraid to make fights that entertain, regardless whether they have there 10th degree belts. As long as the fight is evenly matched, bring it on!

ANY evenly matched fight has the ability to entertain....Yes, they are not elite MMA fighters but, when 2 people have such hatred towards each other, the only way to settle it is to slug it out!.....Them making fools of themselves with there fists is way better than someone grabbing a weapon. Dada states that and I agree.

It seems like this fight settled their problem with one another AND the ratings were very high.

Not top notch MMA by far but, if Bellator announced Mike Tyson vs. Kurt Angle in 2016, neither would that be but I would DEFINITELY toon in to just see what might happen.

I like how Bellator is not afraid to make fights that entertain, regardless whether they have there 10th degree belts. As long as the fight is evenly matched, bring it on!
I don't know how long Bellator would last if someone died in the cage, and Dada almost did, so "fans" shouldn't really encourage these type of fights if they want Bellator to prosper. Even the Shamrock fights are pushing it.

I liked the backstory and stuff to it but the fight was wtf haha

most disgusting thing Ive ever seen, neither has any business in the cage.

shameful & embarrassing

Soccer mom, and that granny fight that happened the other week were worse.

Here is the thing......People who frequent MMA websites and forums knew this was a joke. The problem is we aren't a large percentage of the viewership. So when blow joe tuned in he saw a shit show. He saw a slopfest of a fight and chances are thought he could beat either one of these guys. Probably thought more or less MMA is a joke on some level. There is no way in hell that show converted anyone into a fan of MMA

Kimbo has always sucked and he's always got good ratings.

The fact that he's not good at MMA... that's never mattered. People still want to see him, for whatever reason... and a lot of them keeping tuning in wanting more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back