Killzone Shadow Fall's campaign

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

KZ2 and KZ3 are two of my favorite FPSs ever. How does Shadow Fall's campaign compare?

IMO it's very meh...It's entertaining enough, but nothing memorable. I haven't even finished it. There's a point I got stuck at, and even on the normal difficulty I got tired of trying it over and over so I said screw it.

It's ok but towards then end there are tons if lame ass auto sentries and shit that make it really lame.

Mixed bag. But decent overall I'd say.

Has some exciting shootouts, and some good level design and doesn't hurt the game is gorgeous.

But it also gets repetitive at times, and has a few bad/boring missions.

The segment where you have to control your character while he is free falling is atrocious IMO. A lot of trail and error, super annoying.

Has some exciting shootouts, and some good level design and doesn't hurt the game is gorgeous.

How would you say it compares to 2 and 3?

The segment where you have to control your character while he is free falling is atrocious IMO. A lot of trail and error, super annoying.

Agree with this. The free falling segment is awesome AT FIRST, then when you keep dying it gets annoying as hell. The campaign has its great moments, but like 76Knockout said, it also has its bad moments.

In comparison to KZ2 and 3, I tried out KZ2 campaign again not too long ago and for some reason it didn't grab me like it did the first time, maybe because its pretty dated by today's standards, by that I mean some technical stuff that's supposed to be impressive (like the building falling near the beginning) isn't anymore.

I remember loving the variety of KZ3 though, so I guess I'd say better than KZ2, but worse than KZ3.

How would you say it compares to 2 and 3?

For me personally, I'd rank them 3, 2 then SF.

But overall i like them all, if you enjoy KZ its worth picking up. It just could have been better that's for sure.

For me personally, I'd rank them 3, 2 then SF.

But overall i like them all, if you enjoy KZ its worth picking up. It just could have been better that's for sure.

One thing I loved about 2 and 3 was the large-scale battles of attrition between the ISA and Helghast. Is the gameplay formula pretty much the same in SF?

One thing I loved about 2 and 3 was the large-scale battles of attrition between the ISA and Helghast. Is the gameplay formula pretty much the same in SF?

Yes, it has a lot of large/open scale battles. But you are mostly taking them on by yourself so it can be a challenge on higher difficulties. But your new companion OWL is useful as well and can hack things and take out enemies also.

Something that isn't brought up as much, is the whole mechanic of taking cover and shooting in first person was pretty much ignored in Shadowfall. I mean you CAN do it but there's far less things to take cover on, and the system itself just doesn't feel as fluid. Its as if they wanted you to take a more run and gun approach.

Just odd because that was one of the coolest features from KZ II and III.

Yes, it has a lot of large/open scale battles. But you are mostly taking them on by yourself so it can be a challenge on higher difficulties. But your new companion OWL is useful as well and can hack things and take out enemies also.

Something that isn't brought up as much, is the whole mechanic of taking cover and shooting in first person was pretty much ignored in Shadowfall. I mean you CAN do it but there's far less things to take cover on, and the system itself just doesn't feel as fluid. Its as if they wanted you to take a more run and gun approach.

Just odd because that was one of the coolest features from KZ II and III.

Oooo, thanks for pointing that out. Part of what made KZ2 and 3 my favorite games was the emphasis on cover.

I'll probably get the game nonetheless.

Oooo, thanks for pointing that out. Part of what made KZ2 and 3 my favorite games was the emphasis on cover.

I'll probably get the game nonetheless.

Yeah, as a fellow fan of the series i wasn't disappointed. I heard a new Co Op mode is on the way for KZ SF as downloadable content as well. Excited to see how that is.

Back