Kidney Stones

Hammertime

White Belt
Reaction score
So, kidney stones are a very real possibility when you start toying with your diet. I, for instance, am planning on trying Muscle Milk, but i fear that the calcium increase may cause kidney stones.

Annyone know preemptive measure to combat possible kidney stones? Like, does drinking tons of water (thus flushing out your system) help? As you can see, kidney stones scare the fuck out of me. Peeing out jagged rocks slowly out of my penis, ripping away at the inside of my tube, doesnt sound like fun.

any facts, advice, or insight would be much appreciated.

Hammertime said:
Annyone know preemptive measure to combat possible kidney stones? Like, does drinking tons of water (thus flushing out your system) help? As you can see, kidney stones scare the fuck out of me. Peeing out jagged rocks slowly out of my penis, ripping away at the inside of my tube, doesnt sound like fun.

dont be such a puss and take the MM. its worth the kidney stones i got.

Hammertime said:
So, kidney stones are a very real possibility when you start toying with your diet. I, for instance, am planning on trying Muscle Milk, but i fear that the calcium increase may cause kidney stones.

also, dont "toy" with your diet. it is a very serious thing. figure out how much of what you need. then see how much you are getting. then see how much you need to supp and with what.

I have the same fears as this guy. I seriously hope there's a less painful way of getting rid of kidney stones when I get older.

I DO know that the impact of kidney stones is easily lessened by using some sort of machine that produces sound waves that break the rocks down. That way theres less shredding of your tubeage, just more smaller ones (which supposedly still hurt like no other).

The Calcium problem with kidney stones tends to be in the straight supplementation as opposed to dietary supplementation. There are some studies out that link Dietary Calcium to a decreased risk of stones. I think that MM would fall under the dietary supplementation area but I could be wrong there, since it depends on how it is formulated.

With kidney stones you really need to watch Sodium, Calcium, and animal protein intake. The importance of these factors is really relative to how you body handles them. That being said, it helps to take in around a Gallon (~3.8Liters) of water daily and just pray that you don't develope them. The fluid intake is the most important since flushing out the kidney's helps A LOT!

There has been a hard time linking calcium intake to kidney stones. The only reason why people link them, I think, is because kidney stones are mostly made of calcium. It seems like its all your genetic predisposition and not your diet. People who get them every now and then seem to get them even on moderate calcium diets, although a high calcium intake does seem to make them get kidney stones more often. People who have never had them don't seem to get them on any calcium intake since they are just lucky.

So, if you have had a kidney stone before then you might want to limit you intake of calcium. If you have never had them, stop whining and eat/drink what you want. Only time will tell if you are predisposed and then you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

BTW, anything that has men passing out because of pain also scares me, especially when the pain isn't on his arm or leg. Although I am not going to limit my calcium intake my whole life in fear of deveoping one.

Hammertime said:
thanks.....i guess......except no, not really.

well fuck off, do you have kidney stones? or are you just worried about getting them?

Drinking cranberry juice concentrate is supposed to help clear out the kidneys.

ive experienced kidney stones first hand. let me tell ya it is not fun. it has been about 5 years now. i remember i was going to music concerts it was my third one in a row and i went home and slept woke up in the morning in the most pain ive ever had. i thought it was from moshing in the pits that i migh to bruised my kidney or my back area. the pain was just on the one side. i got up and it hurt to piss it was like pure red. but i had have signs of a kidney stone for almost 2 years and they never could find anything. it hurt to piss it burned and was always uncomfortable. i tried to lay back down but i was throwing up and pure white. i never did pass out but i tell ya i was in some major ass pain. my mom finally convinced me to goto the emergency room, hell i thought i was dieing i couldnt sleep, or anything. my brother drove me to the ER and i got there and they new something was messed up they made me piss in a cup and sure enough pure blood. they immediately put iv's in me and gave me a pain killer in shot form. it helped some but not much i was still puking my guts out. they gave me some shit for that as well to stop the puking. they then took me xrays and shot dies in me to find the stones. they still couldnt find shit. but they kept me overnight. they gave me another shot and some shit to sleep i woke up pain free. took a piss and it was like the best piss ive ever had in my life no pain. they never did find the kidney stone they figure i passed it in the middle of the night while sleeping. the next morning i pissed over a gallon into a gallon jug they used to screen to catch the kidney stone.

the doctor told me it was from calcium milk now i drank a gallon a day easily. i believe that was a big reason behind it. i also drank alot of pop and they said it was from that as well. i still drink pop and im gonna quit again but the milk i dont drink that much at all. from time to time if i get dehydrated it will burn and i get the fear that its a sign of kidney stones coming again. but i drink cranberry juice and that helps or drink more water. you can take cranberry pills to help with this it does clean your system out and helps counter the burning.

dont have fear of them it can happen to anybody, i had a uncle who had them when he was young so then i got them it is hereditary. and then you can get them from drinking alot of milk and pop or you just get them. but drinking alot of water helps to keep them down to.

another thing when i left the ER the next day and they redid xtrays to see if i passed them or anymore they did find another cluster in there and said i could pass them so far i have had no problems with them i took my chances and kep the cluster. they said i could get the water stuff done to break them up and pass them all but after the pain i went through i did not want to pass anymore at that time.

why did i tell you this to let you know that shit does hurt but if you can take that kind of pain your a real man lol

Cranberry only helps fight bladder infections. Nobody knows exactly how, but they think it might have something to do with the acidity.

Women who are prone to bladder infections are supposed to drink cranberry juice after sex every time.

Back