Kid Yamamoto vs Koji Komuro

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
[YT]httqODomvV94Tk[/YT]

At first my mind was blown by the closed-guard sweep, but then I realized they weight 50lbs less than me and are pure sinew and muscle.

Video cant be viewed dude...

gerbils.jpg

it went something like this...I find it so hard to watch gerbils fight, no matter how technical it is *puts flame suit on*

At first my mind was blown by the closed-guard sweep, but then I realized they weight 50lbs less than me and are pure sinew and muscle.

wasn't it from butterfly guard?

it's such a shame KID's career went the way it did.

great wrestling from kid crazy snapdowns lol at the judo guying trying to throw

What happened to him?

he ran into joe warren, who outwrestled him. after that, everyone outwrestled him, and he apparently had no game from his back. i also felt like his conditioning was off.

in the early stages of his career he was a monstrous wrestler who would knock people senseless with anything that landed. he went to K-1 MAX and dropped masato, which was unthinkable at the time. in the latter stages of his career, he was a lower tier fighter who kept getting taken down and dominated on the ground. he also got KO'd in at least one K-1 match.

it was just a very sudden drop from a superstar fighter to someone you don't even get excited to watch anymore. a shame, i expected him to dominate.

wasn't it from butterfly guard?

it's such a shame KID's career went the way it did.

Eh... started out as closed guard, so I consider it a closed guard sweep. I am a lowly blue belt, though.

he ran into joe warren, who outwrestled him. after that, everyone outwrestled him, and he apparently had no game from his back. i also felt like his conditioning was off.

it was just a very sudden drop from a superstar fighter to someone you don't even get excited to watch anymore. a shame, i expected him to dominate.

He took time off of MMA to try and make Japan's Olympic wrestling team but injured his elbow. He also injured his knee before the Warren fight, to add to a long lay-off. That probably played a big role in his drop-off.

Back