• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Kid Got Attacked At Recess

Sorry your kid had to deal with that. I’d give her the go ahead to punch the kid next time, no fear of punishment.

No, she said she didn't even cry. And naturally the school did nothing although the principal said he would at least talk to my kid about what happened. Treating it like a one off now. If it happens again I will be a force of nature at the school. I work third shift so if I really wanted to be petty, I could go up to the school during recess every day to ensure my kid isn't being bullied.

if she is being bullied, I honestly think you should show up a day or two so you can see who is doing it. Wear sunglasses and a hat so it’s like a quasi disguise to prevent embarrassing your daughter.

If she didn’t even get a scrap from the tackle, I have to ask if it was really that hard or malicious . Is there any chance the boys likes her?

As a parent your gut sinks and you want to destroy. I have two, I know it myself. Exactly as all other fathers in here have reiterated.

But these things, so long as they're generally isolated, are indeed a normal part of growing up. Learning how to deal with intense situations, defend oneself, make amends with enemies, etc. There are normal limits to these things and most rational people can agree on that line. I've always trained and told my children to fight like savages only in defense. Never instigate.

training a girl is one thing, getting them to overcome fight or flight is another

if you're daughter runs into a six foot tall samoan gal, it wont matter her training
I havent seen too many 6 foot samoan gals in the 6th grade, i guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.

My 6th grader is an athlete and projected to be 5'11. Id like to get her a little bit of martial arts training, but her schedule is already very busy with soccer. She watches fights with me and she has said she would be interested in trying martial arts out. If i get a chance i may try to implement the Jose Aldo game plan with her and see if her soccer skills lead to her having naturally powerful kicks.

My 11, soon to be 12 year old is a theater kid. Not a particularly violent crowd but I guess you never know what surprises life might have in store.

You never know how anyone will react to shit popping off untill faced with a real live situation like that. As a parent all i can hope is to try to raise a kid who can make her own good decisions.

I once grabbed a kid bullying my kid by their neck and squeezed a little too hard..

Teach your kid how to fight. I send my kid to a fancy schmancy private school - he had fights. Kids are assholes (mostly because they think like entitled children...go figure), teach yours to defend herself.

She was playing with a ball the kid wanted and his first instinct was to tackle her. Tells me he has shit parents and may even be a sped kid that shouldn't be in gen Ed classes. I spoke with the teacher, office and principal. They said they'll address it. Giving them the opportunity, I don't want to make too huge of a deal out of it because I don't want my daughter being scared to tell me anything.

You’re saying a boy tackled your girl trying to steal a ball from her? None of the other kids stepped in..? How old are we talking here?

If something like that happened when I was going to school it would have been curtains for that kid.. every dude would’ve wanted to beat that kids ass

And I'm resisting the urge of going to the school, punting the offending kid into orbit and manhandling the parents. Public schools, brahs. Not even once. Tried telling the wife we should move to a better school district or look into private school. She thinks being educated around feral kids with shit parents is "character building." Giving the school a chance to rectify the situation before I end up on the evening news. I can just see some idiot TA on their phone while my kid is being attacked. Makes my blood boil. And of course my kid won't defend herself because she thinks she'll get in trouble.

When I read the title I didn't know this was your kid sir.
This kind of stuff happened all the time when I was a kid, and bustin a bully in the mush was usually how it got solved.

Not saying that's the answer here, but...

You’re saying a boy tackled your girl trying to steal a ball from her? None of the other kids stepped in..? How old are we talking here?

If something like that happened when I was going to school it would have been curtains for that kid.. every dude would’ve wanted to beat that kids ass
Yes. Maybe a bit young for those sentiments, they're first graders. Or the worlds just gone to shit and chivalry is dead.

Early Elementary aged kids are learning boundaries. As long as it was similar sized and aged children, and didn't invlove injury. I wouldn't be too concerned unless it became a pattern.

I had a 16yo man sized HS Sophomore rough up my 4th grader at a K-12 private school. That kids Father intercepted me at the School and assured me punishment would be swift and severe....and I believed him.

My youngest was shot in the leg walking home from public school when he was a Sophomore. The kids were caught and charged as juveniles, their punishment should have been far more severe imo

Public schools are designed to teach people to fear. Even if you aren't bullied,.you spend your whole life knowing that you aren't allowed to help yourself and the state won't help you. But the state can hurt you. That is the function of the school. If a place isn't working out, you have to get another option, like you would a restaurant. Private school. Home school.

1. You need to put your kids in martial arts. Everyone should learn to defend themselves.

2. Private schools, charter schools - all syphon the funding that should be going to public schools. That’s why there isn’t enough money in the public education system anymore. Private schools are charter schools aren’t actually private. They all get government funding.

3. if you hope to shield your kid from the real world the rest of his/her life, it is not going to end well for them. They going to walk around looking like marks the rest of their lives, and that will just make them even more susceptible to being preyed upon by those who do such things.

That's consistent with you claiming you probably can't read. Also, I thought you claimed you were stopping there? You obviously took a look and got upset because you continue to prove you can't comprehend anything or think logically.

As I said before, you have serious issues in how you work with children. If you actually plan to start working with them or raising a family feel free to reach out. It would be best for you to figure out what you're doing before going any further.

I was claiming that a man's thread about his child being bullied is no longer the place for our discussion.

I've tried to reach out and it seems you have both you account info and your private messaging blocked. lol
I'm always open for discussion. So again, message me any time.

upload_2023-10-4_6-37-13.png

upload_2023-10-4_6-39-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2023-10-4_6-36-22.png
    upload_2023-10-4_6-36-22.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 2
Your child has to learn from the situation however you can impart some lesson and comfort and ideally the offender is also taught a lesson by those tasked with TEACHING THEM! Teachers suck...

The child should have gone to whomever is responsible for monitoring them to let them know what happened, if it's a repeat thing then maybe it's time to let the school know what you think...

And I'm resisting the urge of going to the school, punting the offending kid into orbit and manhandling the parents. Public schools, brahs. Not even once. Tried telling the wife we should move to a better school district or look into private school. She thinks being educated around feral kids with shit parents is "character building." Giving the school a chance to rectify the situation before I end up on the evening news. I can just see some idiot TA on their phone while my kid is being attacked. Makes my blood boil. And of course my kid won't defend herself because she thinks she'll get in trouble.
You should go get her face punching lessons.

Happened again today. School did fuck all about the first incident and here we go.

I fear this scenario for my young kid, I'm sure we all do, hope it works out for you all

Public schools are designed to teach people to fear. Even if you aren't bullied,.you spend your whole life knowing that you aren't allowed to help yourself and the state won't help you. But the state can hurt you. That is the function of the school. If a place isn't working out, you have to get another option, like you would a restaurant. Private school. Home school.

If that were true how come private school and home schooled adults are so poorly socialized compared to their public school counterparts?

Back