khan v gomez

BS stoppage Khan was gobnna win it IMO but that was a BS ending.
On the slow mo he didnt land clean on that flurry that stoped it.

Nah, that was fair. Gomez is tough as fuck he but he was eating alot there. Could have come a little earlier.

yep khans way too vulnerable to be even thinking about a title shot now

lol at the thought of Amir Khan vs Pac/Diaz/Casamayor or any other top lightweights

it was a good fight, i thought it would go further but it was exactly what i expected and how i expected it. - it is the exact reason why amir khan is not fighting higher level opponents at the moment - because he still has flaws, and weaknesses, and alot of things to pick up on and work on. if he fights a top level opponent now, he will get picked off to pieces, and there is no point in that happening.

gomez gave as good as he got, but he was always going to tire, and struggle with the speed and shot selection of khan. what was good to see was khan kept his distance, and not smothering his work too much. he still needs to work better on the iniside when he was there as they said after the fighter, getting the nitty gritty work done, but that will come with time, and the calibre of fighters that come his way.

They cant step up the competition yet. That chin of his needs to be worked around so that it doesnt get hit clean. You have to adapt to the tools you have. RJJ spent his whole career hiding a suspect beard so it can be done.

Khan is pretty good offensively but he really does have a glass chin. Look up glass chin in the dictionary and their would be a picture of Amir Khan (and Herbie Hide).

In the Limond fight it was confirmed and here again. Ive seen Limond fight many times and he can't punch for shit, yet every shot was hurting Khan. A couple body shots hurt him as well in this fight. He's just not very durable.

Khan needs a world class trainer now more than ever. It's do or die from here on out.

Glad he won I guess. Sucks for him having a glass jaw, for his sake I hope he figures it out.

This was a fight of the year candidate.

What a great fight. Khan has incredible hands.

Amir Khan has fought no one of any class and has been dropped twice (correct me if i'm wrong) its a worry, he cant take it to the body either

How he is ranked number 2 and mandatory for Nate Campbells title I'll never know

Gutted for Michael, thought Khan was gonna win, but the stoppage was a little premature. I really think Khan is gonna come a cropper sooner or later.

i worry for khan once he meets a world class puncher with a half decent chin.. notice he hasnt fought any americans yet

Amir Khan and Yuriorkis Gamboa are great fighters but they aren't ready for title shots yet in their weight classes

Amir Khan and Yuriorkis Gamboa are great fighters but they aren't ready for title shots yet in their weight classes

Yeah..... But Amir is only 21 years old, he has a lot of time to sort himself out.
I just caught the fight and Khan did get hit a bit too much, but overall its probably just good experience for him. Hes gonna come to the US to train with a top trainer, so at his age I think the potential is still there.
As for Gamboa hes not quite as young, but he is getting with a new trainer and has amazing physical talent.

Khan will win a world title but he'll never be able to defend it more than once with his glass jaw. Makes for an exciting fighter though. Sadly flawed like Wlad Klitschko.

khan needs to stay faaaaaaaaaaaaar away from campbell; he seems to lack def responsibility, an has no real ability to take a shot.

he would have to be at waaay past his best to even go 4 rounds w/nate; his people need to slowly move him forward and work on his def because he lacks the durability to rely on offense or be def irresponsible.

Back