Khamzat would have finished Costa

Nous

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Don't get it twisted by my thread about how Khamzat will likely struggle to be a dominant champion at 185 due to his cardio issues.

Khamzat would have finished Costa in r1: Costa does not have the grappling of Usman, and would get submitted in R1 by Khamzats blitz.

Don't get it twisted by my thread about how Khamzat will likely struggle to be a dominant champion at 185 due to his cardio issues.

Khamzat would have finished Costa in r1: Costa does not have the grappling of Usman, and would get submitted in R1 by Khamzats blitz.

That was the fight we deserved

Rockhold has a solid bottom game and couldn't do it. I don't think it would be a squash match for khamzat.

You make a fair point. But I guess we'll never know until it happens. Usman said in his post event interview with Megan that he hasn't been training grappling for a while so he struggled a bit when he was put on the defense. Makes sense that he was winning the stand up. So that was an unpracticed Usman defending the choke.

Who knows what a fully prepared Costa could defend? And if Costa makes it out of the first.......that could be major trouble for Borz.

Rockhold was also fighting very infrequently as well.
And Costa is a very active fighter himself.
And khamzat had five minutes riding Usman and couldn't lock in a submission. Stop the cap, people.

No ..no he wouldn't have lol..

The Costa who fought Vettori would of TKOed him ..

Costa has never been submitted and hasn't ever even been in a bad position grappling wise and stuffed Romero's takedowns with ease...and swept Rockhold with ease in there fight lol ..

Costa is much bigger than Usman and has grappling. Usman couldn't get Leon off his back either. Out of shape Costa went 5 hard rounds with Vetorri.

After seeing this fight, I like Costa's chances even more

Last edited:
I agree the thing with Usman is that he is fuking durable. He has 97% TDD nobody could have done that to Usman ever in his career but Chimaev did to him that. Costa is stiff and has no mentality like Usman. Costa would have been a deer in the headlights in there he has weak mental game. He shat the bed against Izzy and he would have done it here even bigger

Costa dodged a bullet, he would have been ragdolled by Khamzat. Beating Usman is far more impressive if you ask me

Back