Khamzat vs elite WW, MW

GOATtalks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How do you see Khamzat doing against the elite UFC guys? I’m quite sure he smashes everyone on his way to the top5.

WW
Usman- if Usman didn’t want to wrestle with Colby, he probably wouldn’t wrestle Khamzat as well. I’m leaning towards Khamzat because of his KO power

Colby- same as Usman

Burns- haven’t seen Khamzat fight a elite BJJ guy, but I would still favour him to win

Edwards- if Leon can keep it standing, he probably has the best chance to win

MW

Izzy- has the length and striking skill over Khamzat. If his TDD holds up he could light him up on the feet. 50/50

Costa- he’s a scary dude. Something tells me he would still walk through Khamzat, like he usually does

Jared- tough fight as Jared has that HW power

Whittaker- fun fight, could go either way

Romero- Khamzat would probably outwork him

All in all I see Khamzat becoming WW champ sooner or later. MW would be a bit harder because he wouldn’t have the size advantage there

Does anyone know at what weight he walks around? I start to get the feeling he must be at least 200 lbs

im sorry, i think he is a solid prospect, but to match him against leon edwards, Usman, Masvidal and Colby the elite of WW, he is just not ready.

i think him vs magny would be fun, im leaning on Magny.
What makes you think he’s not ready? Have you seen any mistakes he does or lack of confidence? Which skill he must improve?

Also Magny isn’t a much easier fight for Khamzat than those top5 guys

With that kinda logic and rational he most likely beat Jones’s LHW and HW too
Where did you get that idea? I already said he might struggle with top MWs, because of size disadvantage, yet you talk about LHW and HW

I mean he looks really good. But has he even faced a top 30 guy yet? lets cool it. Isn't he a Swedish national wrestling champ? is that like Swedens version of NCAA Wrestling? how impressive is his national Swedish title? serious question

Izzy, Costa and Romero would probably destroy him. Especially Izzy and Costa. Too big, too much range and too much power.

As far as WW goes, I don't know. I think Usman and Colby are better than him. Undecided for Burns and Leon.

He will beat everyone in both divisions and the LHW guys too in the distant future.

I want to see him vs Maia. The way in which he beats him will tell a lot. A 3 round decision might slow the hype a bit.

I want to see him vs Maia. The way in which he beats him will tell a lot. A 3 round decision might slow the hype a bit.
Usman, Woodley and Colby decisioned Maia. If Khamzat stops him, where would it place him?

I mean he looks really good. But has he even faced a top 30 guy yet? lets cool it. Isn't he a Swedish national wrestling champ? is that like Swedens version of NCAA Wrestling? how impressive is his national Swedish title? serious question

Tapology had Meerschaert ranked 23 in MW. So yes he has now faced a top 25.

What I found interesting was Dana was noncommittal as to a fight island opponent. It may not be Maia.

Maybe cuz you have him favoured vs the champ at 170, and 50/50 vs the champ at 185 - without him having faced a single top 20 fighter.
Neither Usman or Izzy looked nearly as spectacular as Khamzat as this point in their careers. Plus he’s more well rounded them both of them. You can’t deny the man’s skills

Back