• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khamzat opened as an UNDERDOG against Covington!!!

Nothing about the Burns fight suggests Khamzat is a smart fighter. His strategy is (1) Quick KO or ground-n-pound finish or (2) Resort ot sloppy brawling and an occasional TD attempt if the first plan doesn't work.
Hence the part where say it's up to Andreas (his coach).

He fought a guy who was stylistically a tough match for him, much tougher than colby

Colby has great cardio yes, but Khamzat now has a taste of the deep end and he won't have to worry about colbys ground game or pitter patter punches.

Though khamzat showed some vulnerability, I would favour him over colby at this point

But Usman imo would beat him right now for sure. I think he needs more experience before that fight

Definitely colby next makes more sense and failing that? A rematch with Burns and improve on his mistakes

Colby slaughters him. It's astonishing to me that someone could look at Khamzat's sloppy striking, horrible cardio and suspect chin against Burns and think he has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Colby. He simply doesn't have the tools.

Chimaev is a very good fighter. That said he has a lot of holes in his game, his striking defense was subpar, distance control, and cardio need a lot of improvement. His takedowns looked good, but I haven't seen Khabib level top control from him. He's a top 5 WW and maybe top 10 MW, but this undefeated 3 division champ mythical creature, he is not...

Oh my God....Khamzat opened as an underdog against Covington....I believe with every fiber of my being that Khamzat will not only win, but absolutely give Covington a beating of his life....run through him like a giant tornado through a paper house...

I'm broke and poor and I understand MMA is as unpredictable as it gets, but oh boy....oh God...I may end up putting my rent money on the line for this one....

https://bettinginsiderjournal.com/mma/covington-vs-chimaev-odds/

Khamzat +115
Covington -135
Did you miss Burns vs Chimaev? Colby will have him throwing up in the corner by the end of the third lol.

That doesn't matter. Colby is VERY durable and hard to finish. Khamzat is unproven in a 5 round fight where he gets taken to deep waters and has his cardio and will tested. He wasn't able to finish a guy that was KO'd by Dan Hooker in the 1st round, so a Khamzat finish isn't guaranteed at all.
<DisgustingHHH>

Heard it all before

Being 'unproven' means jack shit
Just because something hasn't been shown yet doesn't make it any less possible

Oh my God....Khamzat opened as an underdog against Covington....I believe with every fiber of my being that Khamzat will not only win, but absolutely give Covington a beating of his life....run through him like a giant tornado through a paper house...

I'm broke and poor and I understand MMA is as unpredictable as it gets, but oh boy....oh God...I may end up putting my rent money on the line for this one....

Khamzat +115
Covington -135
Colby ko's him.

Now this is the easiest money making bet anyone can make in their life.

Khamzat will make millionaires

Khamzat +115
Covington -135
"I'm broke and poor"
It's obvious why. I'm not a betting man but I would favor Colby at this point. The further the fight goes, the more the tide swings to Colby.

Colby slaughters him. It's astonishing to me that someone could look at Khamzat's sloppy striking, horrible cardio and suspect chin against Burns and think he has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Colby. He simply doesn't have the tools.
You’re such a noob, it’s hilarious lol

Unlike Burns, Colby is pillowfisted and doesn't have nearly as much submission threat. Very different fight and I expect Chimaev would bust him up bad.

That doesn't matter. Colby is VERY durable and hard to finish. Khamzat is unproven in a 5 round fight where he gets taken to deep waters and has his cardio and will tested. He wasn't able to finish a guy that was KO'd by Dan Hooker in the 1st round, so a Khamzat finish isn't guaranteed at all.
I wouldn't say Chimaev is unproven at this point, the Burns fight gave us a lot of info and exposed a lot of holes in his game. There's no reason to think he should be favored against Colby or Usman, both of them are just better than him.

Reactions: mkt
Unlike Burns, Colby is pillowfisted and doesn't have nearly as much submission threat. Very different fight and I expect Chimaev would bust him up bad.
I think the last thing Chimaev would want to do is drain himself trying to wrestle with Colby, if anything that would be Colby's gameplan. Chimaev's best chance in that fight is to catch him with a big punch early.

I wouldn't say Chimaev is unproven at this point, the Burns fight gave us a lot of info and exposed a lot of holes in his game. There's no reason to think he should be favored against Colby or Usman, both of them are just better than him.
I said he was unproven in a 5-round fight. Colby has gone that distance multiple times, but Khamzat has only been 3 rounds once, and struggled for a good gameplan after realizing he couldn't easily finish Burns. I simply mean Colby has a lot of experience in long fights and championship rounds, where Khamzat doesn't.

I don't see Colby using his cardio to beat Khamzat. Khamzat was tired from a slugfest with Burns which Colby isn't going to slug with Khamzat. If you think Colby is going to just press Khamzat with his striking to wrestling for 5 rounds, then I think you'd be surprised. Khamzat applies the pressure even more than Colby and he hits hard, going to be his kind of fight. I know Khamzat can keep it up for 3 rounds, so thats enough for a 5 round decision.

Colby is getting at sort of that hill that goes down for fighting. He’s no spring chicken.
I think Colby can grind out the win, but I def think Chimaev is a live dog for sure. If Colby gets past 3 rounds, it’s his.

Khamzat has the power and is a more natural striker. Very good wrestler to nullify Colby's game. Match-up wise Colby would need to survive and wait for Khamzat to gas. He's getting beat up before that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back