• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khamzat contemplating retirement?

Same shit happened after COVID kicked his ass...he got sad/frustrated, was potentially done, etc...not sure we should read too much into it at *this* particular moment.

Would definitely become one of the greater 'what if' stories in MMA though if he did walk away.

The Burns fight really did a number on his mental state.

These bouts of illness are the final nail in the coffin.

Good PR after ducking what would have been a good test.

Now that he's done dominating and killing everyone in MMA I guess there's nothing left to prove. Time to move on and kill everyone in another sport. I expect to see him calling Beterbiev and Usyk soon.

I've been the biggest Khamzat doubter but I dont like this at all. It's awful. This shit sounds serious and if he needs to retire to not die, then im obviously for that. This sucks, but decisions.

His health issues should be unrelated to Covid, as he fought and won a couple of times since recovering from that illness, so whatever damage it did clearly was behind him, therefore it must be something new. IIRC he also had kidney issues from weight cutting on at least one occasion, and a bad case of staph … he seems generally not of very robust health, whether genetic problems or silly training or a mix of both.

Hes got some auto immune issues, hes always severly sick

I think it plays a huge role into his gas tank as well

Would be a shame as we never saw him try to reach the mountain top. But the guy just can't ever make it to fights these days. Might be for the best, clearly his health struggles to stay clear and fit

Bisping on podcast said that Khamzats coaches told him that he may retire. Thats best source on this so far.
Bisping is leaking stuff and gossiping again?? What a little bitch.

Dude just needs 3 months to helax and heal. I am sure Dana is going to pester him to comeback and get a couple of easy fights.

You can win a fight and still have gaping holes exposed in your game. Also, he was way bigger than both dudes and Usman fight shoulda been a draw
Khamzat is a welterweight. So is Usman. When they fought at middleweight, I thought Usman looked bigger.

Usman did not do enough to earn a draw. If Usman would have gotten the win, it would have been a legit robbery. You can't say the same for Khamzat winning.

I was surprised at how easy it was for Khamzat to take Usman down.

The best way to train is to stay in decent shape all the time and then try and peak for fights. Trying to be in peak shape all the time is gonna increase your likelyhood of injury and sickness. Because their is a fine line between peak and overtraining and if you are trying be in peak shape all the time you are likely overtraining a significant part of the time.
When i look at someone like Khamzat i just think his ego won't let him lose a round in training / sparring. So he never takes his foot of the gas with training.

Pretty sure he is just being dramatic like last time. And to top off the drama, "the president of Chechen has talked him into coming back to fighting."

Already seen this BS before

Conor doing everything he can to overcome his injuries and get back in the cage and this guy is thinking about quitting <lol>

His health issues should be unrelated to Covid, as he fought and won a couple of times since recovering from that illness, so whatever damage it did clearly was behind him, therefore it must be something new. IIRC he also had kidney issues from weight cutting on at least one occasion, and a bad case of staph … he seems generally not of very robust health, whether genetic problems or silly training or a mix of both.
it's probably not from covid

it's more likely from the clot-shot

Like others have mentioned, he just needs a break. When you train often it actually weakens your immune system. He should eat a nice clean diet, do some light cardio and calisthenics for 6 months to a year. Besides that he should just relax and enjoy life. Step up after that and train hard after scheduling a fight about 4 months out.

Back