• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khamzat contemplating retirement?

If he retires that's just too bad and it's mostly due to things he can't really control and that is severe illness.

I've been one of the biggest supporters of this guy, it would be a very disappointing end to what was highly promising one.

And he was must see to watch, regardless of your dislike towards him. His fights we're always entertaining.

If he does retire, take care. Wish you the best whatever you do.

Nothing but a shameless ploy for sympathy so people will forgive yet another cancelled fight. Sure he's sick now but I find it incredibly hard to feel bad when it's already been proven time and again that they guy can't be relied on.

Cancelled fights, missing weight, constant trash talking on Twitter while ducking ranked contenders... how anyone still gives a crap about this guy, I'll never know. He is clearly more hype than substance. 4 years ago he beat 2 cans in a 10 day span... what has he really done since??

I seriously doubt he will retire, unless he is broke and needs a steady paycheck. A guy that talented, and someone the fans seem to like, is so close to making BIG money now, I can't see him quitting on his dream, when it's so close to reality. I bet it's tough on him, but at 30 years old, he is entering his prime. I hope he sticks around for awhile, he's one of the few guys in the UFC I actually get excited about watching.

I hope he does whatever is best for his health. We have to remember this guy would probably not be competing right now if it wasn't for Kadyrov pressuring him to fight. Covid hit him badly and it seems to be chronic. Khamzat retiring would be a huge loss for MMA but health over anything.

I never let a fighters political views effect whether I enjoy watching them fight or not. I watch MMA to see good fights, and Khamzat gives me that..
That's usually why I prefer not to watch media and interviews. I know someone who will almost completely dismiss someone on YouTube for example related to a hobby they like because that figure holds a different political belief than them. Unless these fighters say something you can't ignore, I prefer not to view fighters as people outside the cage

If he retires that's just too bad and it's mostly due to things he can't really control and that is severe illness.

I've been one of the biggest supporters of this guy, it would be a very disappointing end to what was highly promising one.

And he was must see to watch, regardless of your dislike towards him. His fights we're always entertaining.

If he does retire, take care. Wish you the best whatever you do.

No matter how you slice it, a talented fighter having to retire young without ever getting a crack at gold is shitty.

Anyone saying otherwise is a hater.

Even if you don't like the dude it was clear he had some special abilities and skills.

Dam, Covid really did a number on him. What a shame

Khamzat's mistake was overtraining like a madman while the virus was still in his system. He gave himself perpetual long covid because keeping up appearances was more important to him than resting and recovering from a virus we knew fuck all about at the time.

Back