Rewatch Khamzat Chimaev vs Kevin Holland

Who has better wrestling?

• Total voters
What? No, khamzat couldn't get any lower than 178lb that's what he weighed in at. Holland was the one that was already below 178lb.

Then they made it a catch weight of 180lb so that khamzat wouldn't have to large of a weight advantage.

God damn, talk about revisionist history

Not true, doctors told khamzat to stop cutting, and in his own words he said "I made my weight back up to the guy" meaning, to match Hollands weight

Here's straight from Wikipedia:
Chimaev was paired with Kevin Holland, initially scheduled to fight Daniel Rodriguez at a catchweight of 180 pounds

Protect yourself at al times and all that...still a douchebag move to duck under a glove touch from one of the guys who took a late notice fight to save an event you fucked up by not being professional.

Usman was a great wrestler in NCAA but in the UFC he used surprisingly little takedown offense. His wrestling experience gave him great TDD but for whatever reason (knees in bad shape, MMA wrestling being different) he wasn't a takedown artist like Khabib or Merab. People called him a sprawl artist instead

Khamzat has ragdolled opponents like Kevin Holland and Jingliang so that's why I vote him as the better wrestler

Which was decided upon further out from the fight. And when they brought up if he was ok with 180 Holland himself asked for it to be at 185 even..
Yes, but Holland had already cut down. Holland just wanted to rehydrate back up earlier instead of staying around 180lb. That's why he said 185lb khamzat wanted 180

Yes, but Holland had already cut down. Holland just wanted to rehydrate back up earlier instead of staying around 180lb. That's why he said 185lb khamzat wanted 180

Yeah Khamzat got to rehydrate, Holland didn't

Exactly, but they both were well rehydrated by fight time. No excuses for Holland

I think it's pretty clear Holland would have won if not for the rehydration issue, and the non-glove touch trick Khamzat used

Not true, doctors told khamzat to stop cutting, and in his own words he said "I made my weight back up to the guy" meaning, to match Hollands weight

Here's straight from Wikipedia:
Chimaev was paired with Kevin Holland, initially scheduled to fight Daniel Rodriguez at a catchweight of 180 pounds

But i thought the UFC had plans for that...

Guys such a fucking liar..

No DR told him to stop cuz how would that dr allow him to fight if he needs to stop cutting and rehydrate...

He fucking missed on purpose cuz he couldn't get down and thought Diaz would take the fight because "stockton" but Diaz is too veteran in the game to fall for that shit ..hence why dana benched him for a year... cuz he fucked everything up

Back