• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Khamzat Chimaev opens as the betting favorite against Kamaru Usman

Do you agree with these odds?

• Total voters
Oh for sure. Chimaev's a better wrestler and grappler.

Lol at multiple time defending champ being a journeyman. Not sure you know what that word means
Jorge Masvidal is the journeyman, Genius, also you don't know the meaning of a Journeyman? C'mon, dude, a Journeyman is a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding, kinda similar to Ed Herman, Aleksei Oleynik...etc.

Last edited:
Not a bad bet to go for Usman, he is so much more proven and fought people of note. They only have 1 common opponent which is Burns and Usman finished him, while Burns vs Khamzat was close to being a draw.

Jorge Masvidal is the journeyman, you stupid farting-headed idiot, also you don't know meaning? GTFOH, dude, a Journeyman is a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding, kinda similar to Ed Herman, Aleksei Oleynik...etc.
“and Masvidal who's probably the most overrated fighter of all time and an old, washed, Weak Journeyman (Along with Tim Sylvia, Ronda Rousey, Johny Hendricks, Dominick Reyes, Cody Gardbrant, Darren Till...etc)”

That is what you said moron. You said Jorge ALONG WITH and then said the rest. That means you are also saying they’re journeyman. I can give you a quick English lesson if you’d like

And yes that is why world champions are not journeyman. Especially defending multiple time champs.

I'm hoping Khamzat is the real deal, but he has his work cut out for him at MW. At this point Usman should be an easier fight than Bobby Knuckles.

The only reason Usman does well is because of his gas tank. Personally I think Khamzat would win a 3 round fight most of the time. But in a 5 round fight (which it would likely be) is going to be a lot harder.

Usman has visibly declined, his explosiveness has fallen off a cliff. It’s only Leon Edwards fans that are pretending like he hasn’t since it makes Leon look better.

This line is a gift, I’d cap this at -300, maybe -400. One of the most profitable angles in betting MMA is betting against washed fighters with big names before the public adjusts perception.

I'd be full on Kamarooo... but he seems to had lost a step & that's okay and normal at his age for most people's athletic prime.

I think he can still hang... and his decline is arguable, because maybe Leon just had his number. So I don't want to get too wrapped up in one bad performance to the point I'd stake teh hole house on his opponent.

Kham'z an icon. That said... he's human. His game is grappling & Usman'z as high on teh elite level of wrestling where Kham's not going to put him on his back for long... if he even can at all.

That's where I'm at... but if age plays a part... it could get ugly for Kamarooo.

“and Masvidal who's probably the most overrated fighter of all time and an old, washed, Weak Journeyman (Along with Tim Sylvia, Ronda Rousey, Johny Hendricks, Dominick Reyes, Cody Gardbrant, Darren Till...etc)”

That is what you said moron. You said Jorge ALONG WITH and then said the rest. That means you are also saying they’re journeyman. I can give you a quick English lesson if you’d like

And yes that is why world champions are not journeyman. Especially defending multiple time champs.
I didn't say they're journeymen, I included Sylvia, Ronda, Hendricks, Reyes, Cody and Till amongst the most overrated, bro, well Till didn't become champion as well, after the T-Wood loss, he was only able to have a win against KG after the Jorge KO Loss, then went on to lose to Rob, Brunson and DDP even tho it was a competitive fight, Till tried all he can to win but it didn't go his way, but the fighters Till lost to were beasts tho, same with the ones Jorge lost to them were beasts.
Edit: I'm sorry, man, I thought you were trolling me, but I'm editing my comment, because as you know, this site has been filled with so many annoying ppl who are being annoying by acting like as if they know everything, and I was getting trolled in this site a lot but yeah, that's the internet.

Last edited:
Agree, after all he is younger with less mileage. Plus their skillsets match up nicely so if I was betting I would likely pick Khamzat. I'm hoping my man Usman lays down a beating on him though. What are the odds there is no fight and Khamzat misses weight by some ridiculous number?

Fighting an older guy at a lower weight class is not very impressive.

Scansat/Hazmat won't have any problems with Snoozeman

Everyone here would be shocked Khamzat would be favorite over Usman, Colby, Leon, Belal, Shavkat, yet there's still people who say he needs to prove himself. Usman is probably closest odds too.

Back