Media Khamzat Chimaev just turned 30-years-old

Will Borz ever become UFC-champion?

• Total voters
All that massive weight cutting he did really aged him

N1iHqq0.jpg

LOL he's already 30? Fighters start to decline at 30.

If Khamzat is going to win a championship, it's probably now or never. If he loses badly against Whittaker or in a title shot, I would bet he retires or ends up like Tony Ferguson.

He has no visa / is prevented from fighting (in both the US and Western Europe, by the US government) by the country that the UFC is based in.
He does stuff that will severely limit his career, like associating with people the US consider brutal, abusive dictators, and then whines that it's everyone else's fault.

He gets hated on for weird reasons. He's an exciting fighter who always goes for it....A couple of those years he was f*cked from covid.

I noticed a pattern of the type of people who hate on him..but I don't wanna get racial
You people always playing the race card. You people got any other plays in your playbook besides that?

Khaz is nothing more than a hype machine. Talks all that shit about anyone anytime, then fights no one. And then when he does fight, all he wants to do is crotch sniff.

happy birthday to a guy so mid I don't even know what weight class he's in any more. cheers!

So 3 fights in his first 2 months in the UFC followed by 4 fights in the next 42 months. He's slowed down a little

It's bizarre. It's like they don't want acknowledge he's good, just focus on any slight blemish. Atleast Whittaker should shut them up assuming Whittaker doesn't mysteriously back out like Costa did. But if Whittaker did back out they'd say Khamzat needs more.

There's absolutely nothing Khamzat can do vs Whittaker that will have the haters not just come up with an excuse for how the fight went.

If he retires at 38 or 40........... that's 8 to 10 more fights.

There's absolutely nothing Khamzat can do vs Whittaker that will have the haters not just come up with an excuse for how the fight went.
Already know people are ready to play the "out of prime" card no matter how Khamzat wins. Probably will say lucky KO or if its decision they will say how bad his cardio is. I hope we finally see him get a title shot after this no matter what.

Yeah...he's arrogant, claims he can beat everyone, doesn't fight often, talks too a lot, says people duck him even though it's not true, has an insufferable fanbase that thinks he's deserving of title shots before he's done anything.

It's really weird why anyone would dislike him. Must be because of his race. Clearly there are no trash talkers who are disliked other than him.
Meanwhile Sean Strickland talks incessantly, has only 1 top 15 win, is a boring decision machine, has less KOs than a wrestler, whines after losing

Yet is beloved

Wasting years of his athletic prime hanging out with wealthy fans in the Middle East and hardly competing.

A lot of people miss what Khamzat said in the octagon interview afterwards.

"they told me to drink water take some vitamins and shit....and then make my weight back up to the guy"

His English isn't great but that was pretty clear to me. Guy cut down to below what he weighed in at and then had to fill back up to match Hollands weight.
Yup. Bizarre to me that years later all the BLATANT shit that happened with 279 is just glossed over: the "biggest brawl ever" between 20 pro fighters that magically resulted in not one scratch, video, or photo... only the pushing seconds prior to the brawl which was magically captured by multiple UFC video cameras (that I guess all shorted out 5 seconds later when the brawl happened). The absurd weight oddities (WW for career LWs, CWs at 180 for literally no reason weeks prior to Khamzat "missing weight") and everything else.

Worst part is those that are writing this shit about "lol he just missed weight so bad" were all around posting back then, so they know better.

He does stuff that will severely limit his career, like associating with people the US consider brutal, abusive dictators, and then whines that it's everyone else's fault.
Let me guess, him being the wrong nationality and having the wrong president is his "fault" and the countries banning him are courageous/brave governments for banning a random athlete from competing solely for their desire to virtue signal to people like you who cheer it on as something righteous.

Back