• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khamzat Chimaev is in beastmode for this fight

So was GM3 and he KO'd him right off the bat? Also he outwrestled Hermannson while fighting at WW, which to me is more impressive than outgrappling Costa.

This. Hermansson is 10 times the grappler Costa is. He has Greco-roman background but honestly I could see Khamzat even KO'in Costa if there is openings he has that one punch knock out power. Costa will have to avoid not only the takedowns but Chimaev's hands even more if Chimaev connect clean it could really be a short night as well

People are just going to move goalposts after Costa gets run over and pretend they knew Costa was bad all along and Khamzat needs to fight a real MW!
And some people are gonna need life support if it goes down the other way.
<Dany07>

So was GM3 and he KO'd him right off the bat? Also he outwrestled Hermannson while fighting at WW, which to me is more impressive than outgrappling Costa.

They're decent but none of them have managed to put enough wins together to compete for the belt like Costa has, so I can't personally consider them elite MW's being that they've never been title contenders.

And some people are gonna need life support if it goes down the other way.

It is actully the opposite.. Poirerfan, Conan 9 and Baal will be put on suicide watch when Costa gets streamrolled.

Last edited:
Dude had no business being in 170...I think he's going to do well at middleweight as much as people dont want him to. He just needs to be active because if this is the new him then Jared or the true african champ will decapitate him.

Like me lol. Khamzat is pretty much the only fighter that I get excited about these days so I’ll be devastated if he gets steamrolled. [<dunn]
Respect the honesty
<RomeroSalute>

Dude had no business being in 170...I think he's going to do well at middleweight as much as people dont want him to. He just needs to be active because if this is the new him then Jared or the true african champ will decapitate him.

Jared is avoiding him and will keep avoiding Chimaev. He is stylistically easy fight

Its good that he's taking the fight seriously, as we want both fighters at their peak.

Khamzat used to make 170. This is another 15 lbs of leeway for him, so unless he suddenly gained 15 lbs of muscle I don't think he's gonna have trouble cutting to 185.

cereal?

He def gained muscle.

Also, going up a weight class and then easily making weight is feat readily attainable by intelligent fighters.
So.
No guarantees here.

Hopefully, his coaches are all over it.

Vegas needs a line on whether their camps will agree to 195 catch six days before the fight.

This could mostly mean he gasses out halfway through the first. I think this fight is gonna be fun. Neither is afraid of the other.

I, unlike a lot of sherdog, have never thought much of Costa. The only way I see him winning is if his size is enough to stop the takedowns early and manages to come out on top in a sloppy brawl. I’m still unsure of Khamzat’s ceiling but I don’t think this is a particularly tough fight on paper for him.

cereal?

He def gained muscle.

Also, going up a weight class and then easily making weight is feat readily attainable by intelligent fighters.
So.
No guarantees here.

Hopefully, his coaches are all over it.

Vegas needs a line on whether their camps will agree to 195 catch six days before the fight.

Do you know how difficult it is to gain 15 pounds of muscle while doing almost exclusively high intensity cardio training?

Back