Khadzhimurat Gatsalov (who beat Cormier at the Olympics) talks about trying MMA

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
NuWWqey.png

What do you think ? He trained at Aka to prepare Cormier against Jones.

He won gold medal in freestyle wrestling at the Olympics, and is 5x gold medalist at the world championships.

Wonder how is striking is tho... dude could be beastly

Probably feels like he was doing well with his sparring partners and maybe enjoyed working with the team.

Cool, hope he gives it a shot.

Based on the clips of him wrestling with Cormier, he looks like a beast.

Given that he's Dagestani (I think?) with that level of wrestling pedigree, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a top 10 talent within 2-3 years.

Yoel Romero is less decorated as a wrestler, 6-7 years older, and is top 5 in one of the most stacked divisions in MMA right now.

I can see Gatsalov doing even better in the LHW division.

I think the time for non-mma fighters to have any success in MMA has long passed. The only fighters that are going to be worth talking about from now on are fighters that have been training in MMA since the start.

32, a bit old to start, but not too old to be competitive in a few years. Would be awesome.

Yoel Romero is less decorated as a wrestler, 6-7 years older, and is top 5 in one of the most stacked divisions in MMA right now.

I can see Gatsalov doing even better in the LHW division.

he's a big boy at 260lbs

I would be so happy if he goes to MMA,really a legend,he would be very good at HW he is strong as shit..would be kinda like Cormier in HW close to that,imagine him with AKA and training with HW champ Velasquez,Cormier,Rockhold and others :D im just worried about age(nowdays some dont have problem with age) and how quickly wold he adapt to MMA

He's not 260 lbs. He won gold medal in that division, but he would most likely compete at LHW in MMA.

since 2013 he's moved up from 96kg/211lbs class to the 120kg/265lbs class and in 2014 he's competed in the 125kg/275lbs class, judging from that i'd say he'd go HW.

How hilarious would it be if Jones moved up to HW permanently, Cormier sets his sight on the title, and then Gatsalov comes in and beats him again. Lol.

I think the time for non-mma fighters to have any success in MMA has long passed. The only fighters that are going to be worth talking about from now on are fighters that have been training in MMA since the start.

Well, I don't know about that.
But, yeah, 32 sounds quite late.

Even though... I see Yvel Romero had his first professional bout at 32yo.
When did he start training MMA and when did he have is first amateur one?

If he has a good chin then he could be a top contender in a couple years

He's got a Palhares vibe going, looks like he could be good.

pgXkLmddagk.jpg

Well, I don't know about that.
But, yeah, 32 sounds quite late.

Even though... I see Yvel Romero had his first professional bout at 32yo.
When did he start training MMA and when did he have is first amateur one?

If he's the exception then I'm happy about it, good guy and a fun fighter but father time keeps ticking along, Romero is 38 years old. It's fun as a spectacle but I think we're seeing the very last of it now.

Wow. He is only 5-10. Pretty small for a HW.

Back