• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khabib's voice on UFC 5

Apparently this is due to real life UFC characters being used in the story mode. Normally the player is intended to create their own avatar, so there are no specific voices recorded for any real life athlete.
Still, do most fighters talk like they’re from the ghetto? No not really. Kinda cringe imo

LOL, its his "signature" the broken english, the accent, they have the rights to his image, was it going to cost them a fortune to get him to read a few lines for the game?
Not even that - just have a random guy say scary shit in a Russian accent for a few hundred bucks. I'd do it.

Still, do most fighters talk like they’re from the ghetto? No not really. Kinda cringe imo
I assume there are several voice options for the player to select. The "ghetto" one, as you say, was probably picked for comedic effect. But I agree, video games are cringe.

The voice options for EA UFC 5 create-a-fighter are all terrible.
There are exactly 4 options and three of them almost sound exactly the same and one is just a deeper version of the same "urban" guy

Apparently this is due to real life UFC characters being used in the story mode. Normally the player is intended to create their own avatar, so there are no specific voices recorded for any real life athlete.
UFC 5 is a soul-less cash grab much like the previous titles but this is true.

Khabib will be profiled by the UFC for the next black history month, Michael Chandler has been fired.

Not haha as in not funny?

Or not haha, as in sike! Now I'm laughing

I never saw any UFC game that had the fighters voices in it,near as I can remember.

Khabib: yea i do voice over brother,ill get right on it!

Why not just have someone pretend to be him

Lol I love these voice threads. The Paddy voice killed me.

As the #1 Khabib fan on the planet, I am thrilled that they were so accurately able to represent his speech. This is amazing. A gift from Allah.

Yeah im sure he was gonna fly to USA from Dagestan just to do that
Is he there all the time? And pretty sure he could record himself reading it and send the files to EA, looks like the game doesnt have fighter's voices anyway, it would be cool to have some lines with the actual fighter voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back