Khabib's style, who fights like him?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by OrigFan255, Mar 1, 2016.

1. OrigFan255

OrigFan255 Black Belt

I have known about Khabib and his record for a while but know his name lacks recognition.
    My avatar shows his biggest win but if you were to say that Khabib fights like ______, who would it be?
    Based on what I have seen, he seems to be a GSP with more power and ferociousness in his hands. Would that be accurate?

2. UJustGotChaeld

UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

No, he is nothing like GSP. GSP was a great striker, with amazing timing on takedowns. Khabib is a bear.

3. SirKratos

SirKratos Silver Belt

Makwan maybe ? Though Makwan is far more active on the ground and Khabib uses his striking more

4. xFeeLPaiN

xFeeLPaiN Purple Belt

Eddie Alvarez (eddie keeps it standing tho and khabib on the ground)

5. HIMBOB

HIMBOB Steel Belt

Hughes?

Struggling here.

6. SpaceGinger

SpaceGinger Blue Belt

I can't remember any of Khabib's fights. Happens when you've watched thousands of fights I guess. Really must go back and see why there's some good talk about him. What's his best performance to watch?

7. BigDaddyBach

BigDaddyBach Banned Banned

8. xP

xP Red Belt

Honestly there isn't anyone quite like Khabib. You have to get loose with the comparisons if you want to find something that fits. Maybe someone else will come up with a good one but all I can come up with is DC. A grappler who just chain wrestles, rag dolls, and controlls the shit out of you and knows wrestling on a level most guys simply do not. They use a different style though and are a lot different striking wise. throw in a little fedor as well perhaps? im sleepy and thats all i got.

Abel is a good fight if you want to see a guy score a million takedowns (he almost gets a nice sub and Abel gets saved by the bell too). The RDA fight is an obvious one.

Jarilo likes this.
  9. SpaceGinger

SpaceGinger Blue Belt

Can you recommend a good fight to watch? I do vaguely remember, didn't he suplex someone?

10. sidecheckkick

sidecheckkick Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Jon Jones. Constant wrestling mixed in with everything else. Khabib's striking isn't championship level though

11. xP

xP Red Belt

I edited my post. I think you're thinking of the another russian Khabilov, he finished a guy with suplexes. Though there were some great throws against Abel.

SpaceGinger likes this.
  12. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

He is totally a grappler,but he spams hard shots from way outside,and lands them because his opponents are afraid and gotten to rightfully by his takedown prowess. When he gets inside he will use his upper body to fling and hurl his opponent through the air and to the ground and force them to work reallly hard to get to their feet,only to repeat the process,until they start to break. The Abel Trujillo fight is a perfect example of how frustrating it is to deal with this guys skills.

13. Ballsaque

Ballsaque Purple Belt

GSP? No, not even slightly close.

14. SpaceGinger

SpaceGinger Blue Belt

Cool man, thanks for that. Yeah I figured having a win over Rafael would be worth watching regardless if it's a good performance or otherwise.

xP likes this.
  15. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

His defense seems non existent and he is pretty reckless with his attacks,but like i said the takedown covers his ass

16. TheWaxMurderer

TheWaxMurderer Purple Belt

17. europe1

europe1 It´s a nice peninsula to Asia

I wouldn't really compear him to GSP -- even in the grappling. GSP is much more about using perfect timming and mixing striking to create takedown oppertunities. Khabib shoots in and then chain-wrestles, usually until he gets some sort of body lock and takes them down. It's a much more robust, workmanlike style.

HHJ likes this.