Media Khabib's current popularity in Russia would've never happened without Conor

I think youre weird
images

He was a back to back world Sambo champion even before he stepped into a UFC cage, you doofus.

I know aliens only ever inavde America, but the world is actually much bigger.

He was a back to back world Sambo champion even before he stepped into a UFC cage, you doofus.

I know aliens only ever inavde America, but the world is actually much bigger.
Russian media is the one claiming it
Lol classic case of shooting the messenger and then not knowing were said messenger is from

Conor popularity would have never happened without aldo, nate, and dana white.

Conor's current popularity would've never happened without the UFC protecting him from fighting wrestlers before winning a title.
Not a Conor fan but he did beat Mendes. Conor talked a big game but he backed it up until Nate. His destruction of Aldo made it look like he was more than hype. I never thought Eddie was that great And was less impressed with that fight. Still he beat 2 champs and Eddie wasn’t a bisping fluke champ. The UFC needs Conor and he needs them. He needs to win a few and hope tony can get the title, better match up than khabib.

Not a Conor fan but he did beat Mendes. Conor talked a big game but he backed it up until Nate. His destruction of Aldo made it look like he was more than hype. I never thought Eddie was that great And was less impressed with that fight. Still he beat 2 champs and Eddie wasn’t a bisping fluke champ. The UFC needs Conor and he needs them. He needs to win a few and hope tony can get the title, better match up than khabib.
Pretty much this , there are certainly more dedicated fighters with more skill set than Conor but it would be very difficult to find an athlete like Conor who captures the heart and minds of fans

That is elite

Your ability to post this thread would've never happened without Conor.

And Conor reached his level of popularity because of A-side Nate.

24f1fe855a8b708f0afa0f98497cab44.png

Many fighters self promote(Colby for one) and no one cares.
Also many don't.
And even amongst those that do, only few are as relentless with it as Conor.
But yeah, even if they tried, of course not everybody will be able to succeed. Self-promotion still takes a bit of talent, good timing, charisma etc. which some (like Cringington) lack and therefor even with much self-promo will only get little results. But let's not act like Conor just had that huge "X-factor" that made all that stardom just fell into his lap. No, he worked really hard to create that superstar persona for himself, and I'm sure there were times when deep down he wasn't fully comfortable with what he was doing and saying.
Conor's really more of a Ronda than a Gina imo.

True, it always helps to have a big mouth raise your profile.

Also many don't.
And even amongst those that do, only few are as relentless with it as Conor.
But yeah, even if they tried, of course not everybody will be able to succeed. Self-promotion still takes a bit of talent, good timing, charisma etc. which some (like Cringington) lack and therefor even with much self-promo will only get little results. But let's not act like Conor just had that huge "X-factor" that made all that stardom just fell into his lap. No, he worked really hard to create that superstar persona for himself, and I'm sure there were times when deep down he wasn't fully comfortable with what he was doing and saying.
Conor's really more of a Ronda than a Gina imo.
I agree with all you say except about the x-factor. Conor is a bigger "star" in the casual world then Anderson Silva or GSP ever was, and there is imo no real way to explain it except the x-factor. Same with Rhonda. There are many women better then her, who win more then her, but she became a star because she had "it".

Back