Khabib's best wins vs Islam' best wins?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Lets say they both have 1 loss each(to Martins and to Tibau), who has better resume of wins to this moment?

Islam 7 top wins(from best to worst) :
Volk 1 -10/10
Oliveira - 9
Arman - 8
Volk 2 (short notice) - 8
Hooker - 6
Dober - 4
Ramos - 4

Overall - 49 points

Khabib 7 top wins:
RDA - 8
Dustin - 8
Justin - 8
Conor - 7
Barboza - 6
Jonhson - 5
Al - 5

Overall - 47 points

Agree, disagree? Discuss...

Points are kind of arbitrary, Khabib still has the better wins for now but not by much. Islam is off to a great start with Olivera and Volk 2x

How about let’s just say Khabib never lost lol. It’s a total false equivalency, 1.) Khabib was awarded the decision 2.) even he you believe Tibau won, Khabib wasn’t finished like Islam.

As far as the rest of the weird point system you created, no comment lol.

Islam needs to stop with rematches. Khabib's legacy is only better from variety of opponents.

Both legends
Khabib and Islam bless
Insha Allah
Islam-Makhachev-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-1-740x674.jpg

Islam already said he doesn’t pick fights, he fights whoever the UFC puts in front of him.

Real BMF
Whoever keeps picking needs to stop. We could get Volk rematch, Olivera rematch, Arman rematch, and maybe another Volk rematch (because the 1st was short notice).

Islam's resume is better imo just based on the stylistic match up, Oliviera and Volk are more well rounded and not just one dimensional strikers like Conor, Dustin and Gaethje were

Khabib was something else but I think their most underrated wins were RDA and Ramos respectively. I think someone like Ramos would have been a nightmare match-up for the likes of Poirier and Gaethje.

To be fair Charles and Volk x2 > Justin, Dustin and Conor.
I think it highly depends on how you rate Volk at LW which I believe is honestly open for debate. He's still obviously a great win, as I'm sure he'd beat anyone who isn't top of the food chain just based on skill. But Poirier and Gaethke were super legit number one contenders, and were extremely highly rated at the time, both in the pound for pound top ten. I'd like to see Volk fight some other top LWs to really confirm those wins deserve the clout we're giving them.

My guess: he'd prove he is a top LW and an incredibly huge win. I'd just like to see it. I don't want hindsight to cloud how big Khabib's wins were, as I still rate that three fight streak as one of if not the best three fight streak of all time.

Islam is 1 or 2 wins away from unquestionably being ahead of Khabib

-Conor is stripped of the belt for inactivity so it goes vacant

-Kabib fights real estate agent wins vacant belt only to later retire ending up vacating the belt

-Charlie fights Poirier for vacant belt ends up getting stripped for missing weight by .5 pounds

-Islam then beats Charles for vacant belt

- it probably goes deeper than that too even.

holy shit what a mess LW is nevermind all the interim champs they had inbetween all of this. The last actual reigning defending champion was RDA with only one title defense against Donald Cerrone. lol

Lets say they both have 1 loss each(to Martins and to Tibau), who has better resume of wins to this moment?

Islam 7 top wins(from best to worst) :
Volk 1 -10/10
Oliveira - 9
Arman - 8
Volk 2 (short notice) - 8
Hooker - 6
Dober - 4
Ramos - 4

Overall - 49 points

Khabib 7 top wins:
RDA - 8
Dustin - 8
Justin - 8
Conor - 7
Barboza - 6
Jonhson - 5
Al - 5

Overall - 47 points

Agree, disagree? Discuss...

Islam had got ktfo. Agreee Khabibulin lost to tibau and horse meat.

Islams win over Volk just now and his win over Do Bronx are better than any of Khabib wins, but Khabibs resume still has more depth for now.

To be fair Charles and Volk x2 > Justin, Dustin and Conor.
Agreed with this. To be honest Conor is a washed up mess when they fought and had been for quite some time.. I'd say RDA is a better win

The thing going for Khabib is that Islam was knocked out by a pure BJJ guy. Even though I do believe Tibau beat Khabib as he landed more strikes and got 2 takedowns and Khabib got zero takedowns and was just holding the fence for dear life... he still didn't get finished like Islam and the fight was just boring and sucked.

One thing that is clear to me though is Islam has much better kicks, its not just about the Volk fight, he throws a lot of kicks in general in all his fights compared to Khabib.

Back